Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr Bing Apr 28, 2016

When I first joined OF my main interest was modern watches. Over the last few months I've discovered a liking for vintage models.

I was bidding at auction last Thursday and a nice little piece came up. I did no homework, the watch was 'cute' and there appeared to be little interest so I thought I'd take a punt.

So now I'm in possession of a Steel Omega Ref. 2165 vintage wristwatch, circa 1943

In all honesty it's way too small for me (31mm) but I love the look of the watch. I gave it a full wind and she ran for about 36 hours, losing 2 minutes in 24 hours.

I've done some searching and (to me) the hands and dial look original. The glass looks like a replacement but the movement seems OK.

Am I missing anything obvious? As the title says....I'm dipping my toes in the water, total novice where vintage is concerned. The watch didn't cost me a great deal, call it a tester if you like, but I'd like to know of any faults/mistakes as part of the learning curve.

Onto the pics...

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Cheers

Paul

traf, noelekal, GregH and 1 other person like this.
  2. jimdgreat1 Apr 28, 2016

Nice watch. I can't help on info.

3. Ravineman Apr 28, 2016

Nice pick up. If I recall correctly, its an uncommon watch that many experts here will compliment you on.

4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 28, 2016

Love the watch which gives a nice appearance.

I'm a big ol' boy and I'll happily wear a 31mm vintage mens watch and feel quite smug while doing it.

5. Canuck Apr 28, 2016

If that is a 9 million serial number, could it be late 1930s? I gather there were no other watch nuts at the event. I'd say, nice catch!