Forums Latest Members
  1. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 14, 2015

Was watching these two for fun and to try to learn a bit.

[​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121700261362?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2648Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

It's "one of those." The military style dial. Is it an old redial?

Was curious if this one may be determined to be solid gold rather than gold-filled?
    [​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MEN...q%2B1MHfZmpJQdj18FLvw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The Arabic numeral dial on this one is the same as one I stuck up on the Forum earlier this year so I was interested in it ... for a while. Didn't wish to invest much since I didn't have the expertise to determine if the case was gold or gold-filled.

Here's the thread showing the watch having the same style dial which I had acquired.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/40s-50s-experts-please-evaluate.24118/

2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 14, 2015

I'm already getting the Ebay "Second Chance Offer" on the gold watch. Seems the $500 sale didn't hold.

I like the dial. I wish it was solid gold.

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 14, 2015

So you bid $495? If it isn't solid gold, that is large amount for a watch that isn't working.

Ask the seller for photos in between the lugs. On some cases, it has a gold-filled stamp there.

Also ask for better photos of the dial. I can't see a "swiss" or "swiss made" on the dial. If all it says is "swiss," then chances are it is a US made case. I don't think there were any Swiss Made gold filled cases, so that would increase the chances of it being gold-filled.

4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 14, 2015

No, I didn't bid for I didn't know if it was solid gold or gold filled.

"I don't think there were any Swiss Made gold filled cases, so that would increase the chances of it being gold-filled."

Thank you, canberraOmega. This is the kind of information I was seeking so I would better know how to separate gold from gold-filled Omegas. I like the dial really well but am not interested in a gold-filled case at all.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 14, 2015

How are you getting a second-chance offer then?

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 15, 2015

7. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 15, 2015

The high bidder apparently got cold feet. So, the seller is trying the other bidders. I'm a nitwit. I forgot that I did stick a bid on it.

I might take a chance on it at $195 but not $495 for a pig-in-a-poke.

8. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Jul 15, 2015

This is the correct dial style for a 165.002. The second hand looks to be a replacement and it may have been relumed. Here is mine: image.jpg