Did I miss out on a good buy?

I saw this one too on the site. Was thinking about placing a bid but the total price after fees and shipping ended up at around 1300 Eur so I decied to not join the fray.

Did snag my first ever Connie on Ebay yesterday though. Hope I can create a post about it when it arrives.

Did snag my first ever Connie on Ebay yesterday though. Hope I can create a post about it when it arrives.
Please do! 👍

Please do! 👍
Hehe don't have to high hopes for it, it's pretty battered and I think I might have payed too much. 🤔 But its a learning journey.

I'm going to go with legitimate and not a redial. Other than the tarnishing and the Chock Full O' Nuts residue, I like it.

Hehe don't have to high hopes for it, it's pretty battered and I think I might have payed too much. 🤔 But its a learning journey.

you’d be surprised how good a battered watch will look with a new or polished crystal and a nice strap 😀

Depends on the purity, but lower grades do for sure.
Indeed - 24 K pure gold will take a while, but it still has 0.1% impurities in it. I have seen even 20 micron gold plated watches tarnish. Like most chemical reactions, its complicated and depends on many External conditions - The amount of copper in the gold alloy certainly, but also moisture, concentration of sulfur and oxygen present, detergents (Soaps) and other household chemicals can also play a part.

Looks like I missed out. Oh well, the thrill is in the chase. I guess.