Did I make a mistake in purchasing a re-dial on Ebay? (Omega 2576-1 with Breguet Numerals)

Agreed. There is a scratch under this marker which is absolutely indicative of a marker falling off and then reattached.
Looks more like a fiber or hair to me.... but of course one would need the watch in hand to tell for sure.

I absolutely see what everyone is saying about the markers, but at the same time, the printing looks very good to me, the snailing and edges of the sub-dial are very clear and sharp, the radium burn looks honest, and the lume gives the impression of being original. My gut feeling is that, while there may have been some repairs, the dial is original.

Hi everyone

Hardship to tell about marker length , there is some optical distortion…. Looking at the markers at 7 and 5 in some examples there were actually “snippet” to clear the sub seconds bit .

Once buyer gets the watch ….. we will know more

good hunting
Bill

If it helps, here's my 2576 for comparison. Different style numerals, but the markers are similar. Credit to ollieontherocks for the photo.
1364915-0e57874bc0114e032b798a5ca7bdd00a.jpg.pagespeed.ce.eTkuuxKiLo.jpg

I am absolutely in awe of how you all know these pointers to tell whether a watch is in original condition. You are truly experts.

Thank you to everyone for the input and discussion. I’ve learned a lot 😀

And this is exactly how NOT to enjoy a lovely old watch. If you want perfection, buy something new. If something is obviously a mess, then walk away. And if an older dial needed a repair and it wasn't done perfectly and you didn't even notice it until it was picked apart by others...strap it on your wrist and have a nice day wearing it. You bought an old watch, you got an old watch.

Interesting thread to follow! I also think the watch is original but interesting thoughts regarding the indices.

PS - I suggest that you look at the pictures of the watch in this post:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/opinions-on-this-omega-ref-2576-4-pre-seamaster.112290/

The first "T" in Automatic is also slightly offline. The QC on Omega watches around 1950 is not the same is it is today,

The slight misalignment is indeed pretty common in Omega watches of this era. Wear and enjoy your watch and keep in mind that if you try to sell it on OF, people will rush to helpfully point out the misalignment in your comments.

The dial is fine. Not redialed.

Oh you guys.... there's reassurance to be had in "You say potato, I say potAto, Tomato, tomAto...."

Redialled or not someone bought this watch expecting that it would give them pleasure: it's giving us all pleasure.

I think the printing looks fine. It possible that the indices dropped off and were reattached.

A connie of mine popped a couple of indices off the dial at the same time and I took it to a watch maker to have them reattached. I am not sure if they got returned in the same spot or were switched. I suspect that this is a strong possibility with this watch.