Forums Latest Members
  1. gunmark May 6, 2017

greetings folks

as a datejust 2 and navitimer 01 owner, ive always had my eye on the blue seamaster 300 nonchrono (bond watch). The best serious quote i got for it was 4400 from tourneau.

last sunday i strolled into a local watch shop and fell head over heels over the orange planet ocean 600 45.5 with alligator strap. the shop said that they were no longer a omega boutique so they were willing to negotiate.

long story short, i paid 4500 otd for it. it was only a few days later that i discovered that the watch was 6 years old. the watch is brand new with all 3 red cards, warranty date unwritten on warranty carf, manual, box, etc.

the shop is a authorized iwc ( got a quote of 7000 for the potuguese :) ) and hermes boutique so i know that the store is legit.

did i get ripped off? can i get any feedback from experienced omegamen? thanks

2. R3D9 May 6, 2017

It would help if you provided the specific reference number of the watch you purchased and the watch you received a quote for from Tourneau.

Really, what you should be looking at is the price your model sells for on the used market with full box and papers and in virtually like-new condition. That would have been your other option.

From there you can decide if you got a good deal or not. This is a popular watch so I'm sure there are plenty of examples of previous sales you can find by performing a google search using the reference number of the watch.

3. Davidt May 6, 2017

4500 $,£,€?

Why do you say the watch is 6 years old?

4. Meme-Dweller May 6, 2017

I assume this is $4,500 USD. That's not a great deal, but not a bad deal either. It's so-so.

The bad news for you is that it is likely more than 6 years old. Try more like 10. You mentioned it has 3 cards. Omega discontinued issuing 3 cards (warranty, pictogram, Chronometer cert) long ago and now only includes warranty and pictogram (though they just recently started including a third card for Master Chronometer METAS movements late last year)

Did you get duped? No. You bought what is called a NOS (New/Old Stock) watch. If it works as expected, you're fine. You could try to go back to the shop and ask if they can have it sent for service for free. The worst that they can do is laugh at you and insult your ancestry. It's an otherwise fine watch.

ras47 likes this.
  5. ICONO May 6, 2017

Long story short..........Have you dropped a particularly strong tab of acid ?

When you come down……re read your initial enquiry…and as David requests…fill in the gaps for the rest of us

6. BrianMcKay May 6, 2017

I read the original post within 6 minutes of its posting, and I thought that it would surely be purged.

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 6, 2017

Either a 2500 or 8500 45.5 PO is my guess both are in that window. Both are good and have pros and cons to them. Size is better on the 2500 as it's thinner, dials a little better on the 8500 (numbers) Movement in theory is better on the 8500. Bezels are a wash on the Orange. Hands I feel are a bit better on the 2500.

Kippers likes this.
  8. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter May 6, 2017

Its a legit watch from a legit storez did they state it was new with full warranty or contrary to what you walked out with? Other than that the price you paid is the price you agreed to.

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. ras47 May 7, 2017

Pics or it doesn't exist.