Forums Latest Members

(Dial thoughts.) I am Padawan. You are Jedi.

1. neilfrancis Mar 2, 2017

My vintage UG (pic below) needs a service and I don't know where to go.

Could anyone recommend a UK service centre to me? I'd be very much obliged.

(My sincere apologies to all of you if the answer to this question is in loads of other OF UG threads...I did do a search yet the answer didn't jump out. Thank you for your patience and suggestions.)
    Screenshot 2017-03-02 08.11.29.png

2. ELV web Mar 2, 2017

Interesting dial, the location of "Swiss" is the first I have seen. Sorry I don't live in the U.K. But I think the dial itself is worth learning about.

neilfrancis likes this.
  3. ConElPueblo Mar 2, 2017

...The solid hands combined with the luminous dots on the dial is interesting too ;)

adi4 likes this.
  4. Diabolik Mar 2, 2017

yes, interesting ...:mad:

aap likes this.
  5. neilfrancis Mar 2, 2017

Hi Gents. I know almost nothing about UGs, so I'd be very interested to participate in any learning that can be done on this watch and the dial. I will post up a photo of the caseback later today which might help us get somewhere? I bought this watch in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 2010. I know nothing of its provenence or history beyond that, I'm afraid.
    Q. Is 'interesting' a euphemism for something else..? Or genuinely 'of interest'? Hope you don't mind me asking. New here.

Diabolik likes this.
  6. Diabolik Mar 2, 2017

Unfortunately, the prognosis on this particular one is not good at all I am sorry to say. It has all of the signs of a "restoration" ...

neilfrancis likes this.
  7. neilfrancis Mar 2, 2017

*sigh* I can feel my interest waning....

Hey ho. Tell you what, I might start a new thread with a different title in the UG forum. Get some more eyeballs on it and discussion going. I'm interested to know what it should look like. Thanks fellas, for letting me know. Like they say - the more you know, the more you know. N.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 2, 2017

Hi ... it's a redial. Most obvious place to look is the off center minute counter. Those fonts, outer scales location of Swiss the lume dots wrong as well. Did you just buy this? Is there a reference on the case?

IMG_4477.JPG

IMG_4478.JPG IMG_4479.JPG
    Diabolik and neilfrancis like this.
  9. aap Mar 2, 2017

Also, as a general rule, if you see lumes on the dial, the hands should have lumes as well.

Diabolik, neilfrancis and Larry S like this.
  10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 2, 2017

Wish we had better news for you.

neilfrancis likes this.
  11. neilfrancis Mar 2, 2017

Ah...see? The more you know, the more you know...and it's great to keep learning. Thanks so much for everyone's input.
    @Larry S I bought the watch some time ago just because I liked it.
    So it's really not a big deal or a major disappointment, I am happy to say.
    I must say that UG have made some stunning watches judging by the (good) ones I see on the Forum.
    And I am very glad to have discovered OF. An incredible resource and a very helpful environment.
    Cheers, N.

12. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 2, 2017

To illustrate:
    IMG_4480.JPG IMG_4481.JPG

aap likes this.
  13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 2, 2017

Noob tax paid I'm afraid. If you really want to jump in , invest in Sala, consult and read this forum. Deep waters with UG, hot defunct brand, customization variation was part of their brand DNA so best to consult. Even Sala is subject to interpretation.

neilfrancis, Mapearso and aap like this.
  14. neilfrancis Mar 2, 2017

Thanks All. I was quite pleased with my foto of the watch, though. Generally hopeless with a camera and I thought that one came out well.

; )

Diabolik likes this.