Forums Latest Members
  1. omegaaddict Mar 5, 2017

Meaning to post this one up for a while and finally was able to take a picture today.

My girl friend was gifted this lovely omega by her mom.

I was able to get the watch serviced and in working condition again however as you can see in the picture the dial needs work.

Unfortunately no one in Dubai does this kind of work.

Any recommendations out there? Price?
    Particularly in the UK as my girl friends family is there so would facilitate transport of the watch.

Thanks in advance

IMG_3971.JPG

2. ConElPueblo Mar 5, 2017

If I was you I'd do a search on eBay after Omega movements - there are loads of these where the gold has been melted and the movement + dial are being sold as spares. Find out which movement powers it and go at it. Shouldn't cost you a whole lot.

michael e and Tritium like this.
  3. watchlovr Mar 5, 2017

I'd try speaking to STS about UK dial restoration for Omegas.
    Apart from that David Bill gets a good name.
    https://www.davidbill.co.uk

4. omegaaddict Mar 5, 2017

Good suggestion if I'm able to figure it out.

5. François Pépin Mar 5, 2017

I agree you should try to find a vintage dial in good condition. I guess it is a cal 620 or 625. If I am right finding a new dial will not be to hard and too expansive.

6. François Pépin Mar 5, 2017

adam78, Tritium, Syrte and 1 other person like this.
  7. omegaaddict Mar 5, 2017

Would the dial of a 620 or 625 be interchangeable?

Thanks!

8. ConElPueblo Mar 5, 2017

Great suggestion!

If you take a look at the link provided by @François Pépin, you'll notice in picture three that the screws for the dial feet (on the side or the edge of the movement, so to speak) aren't in the same positions, so I guess not... Seems like you'll need to find out which movement is in yours :)

9. François Pépin Mar 5, 2017

It has been a while since I have not serviced watches with these movements, but as far as I remember, dials are intercheable. I probably still have some dials and donor movements (625 and 620), so I will check to be sure.

Actually, usually, there are no dial screws on those movements (at least on the ones I serviced and used). The dials are press fitted in the movement thanks to some (red) plactic "gloves" that go on the dial feet and keep it fitted in the movements. As the dials are usually small and light, and as the movement + dial assemby is usually press fitted in the case, it is not an issue.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  10. omegaaddict Mar 5, 2017

Well let me know if you have any for sale :)

11. François Pépin Mar 6, 2017

So I have checked and confirm that dials are interchangeable on the 620 and 625 calibers. The 620 have dial screws, even if not all the 625 actually use it, and the 620 does not have dial screws - so the dial can only be press fitted into the movement.

A few pics below - sorry for the poor quality. Note that the movements are not in working condition and that the 620 is lacking the incabloc on the balance cock. But you can see what we are talking about here. The movement with dial (second and third pics) could actually be usefull for you - but you should check the caliber and le size of the dial first. I am not selling that, but if it is the correct dial for your watch, I would be happy to give you the dial - and the mouvement if you need parts. You would just have to pay the shipping costs and show us some pics!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

12. omegaaddict Mar 6, 2017

That's a really generous offer!

So basically the dial radius is 8mm and the dial is 16mm across.

Do any of your round dials have the same radius?

Thanks!

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 6, 2017

What is the case number? There are a number of dials for the 620 and 625 still available from Omega...the best way to find the dial is via the case number.

Cheers, Al

marco likes this.
  14. omegaaddict Mar 6, 2017

No case number as far as I can tell.

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 6, 2017

Nothing inside the case back?

16. omegaaddict Mar 6, 2017

I'll see if I can get into it at some point. Watch isn't with me

17. François Pépin Mar 8, 2017

Hi,

The dial with the movement is 17,5 mm of diameter and the little Geneve dial is 15,5.

I would also consider Al's advice: a NOS dial from Omega could be great - but may be expansive.

By the way, have you checked the caliber?

18. François Pépin Mar 8, 2017

Hi,

The dial with the movement is 17,5 mm of diameter and the little Geneve dial is 15,5.

I would also consider Al's advice: a NOS dial from Omega could be great - but may be expansive.

By the way, have you checked the caliber?

19. omegaaddict Mar 8, 2017

Hmmmm it's highly likely that the little Geneve dial is the right size. As my girlfriends measurements could be off by a bit.

I haven't been able to take a peak behind the hood so to say. Not sure when I'll get a chance to do so an even then not sure I'll be able to get in there myself.

20. omegaaddict Apr 11, 2017

Update to this. Finally got Francois' generous gift. Unfortunately wrong sized dial and wrong caliber. It's an omega 483 movement. So will have to keep hunting!