Forums Latest Members
  1. JohannesH Feb 22, 2019

Hey so I am looking at this watch, and to me it looks good, but I can't get a picture of the movement and I know that crosshair dails are often "fake" or redone.
    What are your thoughts?

101121.jpg 101122.jpg 101123.jpg 66015.jpg
  2. Shabbaz Feb 22, 2019

Looks like a redial. Coathanger S with long R. Think not ok. Broken crosshair. Text seems off. I would stay away.

Caliber561 and connieseamaster like this.
  3. JohannesH Feb 24, 2019

Tanks, that's all I needed.
    After posting I notisted the g in omega too, seems kind of weird. But what is your problem with the coat hanger s and the long r?

4. Shabbaz Feb 24, 2019

Well. Coathanger s on a SMDV is possible. But I can not recollect seeing one with a long (dropped) R together with the coathanger. Only the short R. But I'm open to other ideas of course... Indeed the G is disturbing as well.

5. awsm13 Feb 24, 2019

I'm also having trouble with noticing details on vintages. Do you have pics of the machine? or an unfiltered picture of the dial?

Coincidentally I have a similar model and could compare mine to this

6. JohannesH Feb 24, 2019

Oh okay so it's on smdv models you don't see the S and R. But thanks for sharing!!

No unfortunately I don't, it's sellers pictures, either way I'm not gonna pursue this one, being it's a redial.

7. jjen Feb 24, 2019

Agree with crosshair and SMDV comments. Also the minute hand is too short, the markers have what looks like tritium but the dial is not marked with "T". I can't tell if the hands match the dial in terms of matching the markers but certainly replacement hands based on the length. Also I'm not sure if it's just the light but is the bezel missing???

8. Shabbaz Feb 25, 2019

Tritium is possible without T's on dial. Especially if the dial has a coathanger S.