Forums Latest Members
  1. raindog68 Apr 28, 2018

I recently acquired this De Ville Automatic 'Unicoc'. It's not working however. So one of the first things to do was becoming a member of this forum. :) I do like the different models from this era (1971) like the Memomatic, Stingray or this particular model.
    Using the information on the internet I know now that it is an ST 166.0094 with the caliber number 1002. Unfortunately I also read that this is a real pain to service.

I send an email to a shop here in the Netherlands (Wesselink&Vreeker) to ask if they can service it but was wondering if you guys would send this watch to Bienne Just thinking they may improve on the shortcomings of the 1002.

wijzerplaat.jpg achterkant.jpg kroon.jpg buckle.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 28, 2018

Full Omega service will cost more than the value of the watch, depends on how much you like it. Service by a qualified independent should be just fine at a lower cost.

3. pmontoyap Apr 28, 2018

Its not a pain to service, its just a watch a normal joe can’t open at home easily. Any competent watchmaker can service it though.

As @X350 XJR has noted Bienne restoration will cost twice as much as what the watch is worth. Go with an independent watchmaker.

4. Lucasssssss Apr 28, 2018

I think these are quite cool watches. Go to an independent watchmaker and enjoy!

Mine says hello.

P6110427.JPG

5. raindog68 Apr 30, 2018

Thanks for the advice, I will find a watchmaker to fix the DeVille. Do not have a reply yet from the one I contacted already.
    So these watches are apparently not the most precious. Still I hardly see them popping up on the internet. (was hoping to have found a rare specimen ;) )
    I am not intending to become a collector of lots of watches (I do have a simple 'Olympic' watch from the 60's), but like to have this one on my wrist each day. Have to be careful though. Being a member of this forum might have some unwanted effects. Like wanting to have a 'pie-pan' for example or one of the other beauties I see here.