Forums Latest Members
  1. Hammers Nov 18, 2016

Hi there. New member and I am needing some help.
    I have an Omega x33 Solar Impulse. The NATO is great. But I want an alternative strap. Being a fan of SINN rubber I am pleased to report that their EZM3 20mm rubber fits beautifully to the case.
    So I am now searching for an Omega deployment - my research suggests that 'Omega 20 mm 94522023 Deployment Buckle' should work. The SINN rubber is 3mm thick.
    Can anyone advise whether they have tried this combo or with the advantage of having this deployment could see any issue with it working. All advise much appreciated before I make any investment.
    Thanks.

2. Hammers Nov 18, 2016

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. Hammers Nov 21, 2016

Anyone?

4. meganfox17 Nov 21, 2016

Hello Sir
    How are You Today ?
    Welcome On Board to the Omega Forum[​IMG]
    We will be your personel Stewardesses for the rest of this thread so sit back , relax and enjoy Our Flight Infortainment Services

We will give the Big Boys of the Forum 10 minutes to answer your question Sir.
    If you do not receive any favourable response in the stipulated time , a Malaysian girl by the name of Meganfox17 will sort it out for you

Longbow likes this.
  5. alam Nov 21, 2016

@yinzerniner may be able to answer your question...

6. meganfox17 Nov 21, 2016

I hope you're not embarassed by the fact that an Asian girl is offering her help to solve your problem

Please remember the Sinn Strap Deployant Standard Buckle 20 mm is made exclusively for Sinn , not Omega so just because the measurements are perfectly alligned., the German & the Swiss combo should fit great ? 6 out of 10 times , the Combo would sit awkwardly , fails to provide a glove like fit AND the watch does not sit correctly on the wrist because of weight distribution

However you stand a better chance of a more comfortable fit

● If the watch diameter is beyond 40 mm AND
    ● Your wrist size is more than 6.5"

It's Your Call Sir . Personally I wont mix & match the brands

Thank You for Flying Malaysian Airways

Longbow likes this.
  7. Hammers Nov 21, 2016

All advice appreciated thank you very much. Love the kind of assistance you guys send

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 21, 2016

My concern would be if it will work right. Breitling deployants and Omega don't mix. If you have an Omega Boutique near you they should have one and you could test it out.

9. Hammers Nov 21, 2016

Closest Omega boutique is Sydney. I know the rubber fits to the case nicely. I prefer Sinn rubbers as they are one of very few that do not irritate my skin. May have to just take the punt and if it doesn't work flip the deployment. The case is +40mm and I have a 6 3/4 wrist so that is currently in my favour based on advice to date. Plan to use sterile rubbers on both sides I.e. no Sinn logo. As I also prefer to avoid mixing brands as a rule.

10. yinzerniner Nov 21, 2016

The main issue is the springbars that Sinn uses to attach the ends of the silicone strap to the clasp. The ends of the Omega springbars are very stubby and roughly 1.5/1.2mm middle/end in diameter, and they don't have double shoulders like the springbars used to secure the strap to the watch head. See pic here (not mine:)
    [​IMG]
    The Sinn springbars are much larger, as they have to fit in the pin slots as you cut and resize the strap. Unfortunately I don't have the exact sizings down as I haven't handled a Sinn silicone in some time, but judging by online pics the springbars look to be at least 2mm/1.5mm, so the ends of the springbars most likely won't fit into the holes in the clasp.

Cheapest option to find out for sure is to order and compare sets of Sinn and Omega springbars. Make sure you use a very accurate caliper to measure the end diameters and protrusion - if they're close, then you're in luck. Much cheaper than having to order the Omega buckle then finding out it doesn't work with the Sinn silicone strap.

11. Hammers Nov 21, 2016

Thanks good point will try that

12. Hammers Jan 16, 2017

Thought I'd post an update. Sinn rubber and omega deployment. Personally I love this combo and it completes the watch for me. Thanks for forum advice.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alam, JimInOz and Foo2rama like this.
  13. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 16, 2017

Interesting solution :thumbsup:.

How do you adjust for size, can you show pics of the innards?

14. Hammers Jan 17, 2017

A couple of further photographs of the internals of the deployment. Essentially a push button mechanism allows fine adjustment to suit conditions. The Sinn rubber is cut and fitted to get a suitable fit and the deployment gets that perfect fit.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apologies for blurred first image.