Deployant clasp for Speedmaster

Hi All,

Would really appreciate feedback regarding deployant clasps for leather straps for a couple vintage Speedmasters. I have a 2998 from 1961 and another Speedmaster - 1968 145.012. The '61 has a 19mm fitting and the '68 has a 20mm opening. What are your recommendations regarding width for deployant clasp - either 18mm or 16mm? The 16mm would probably more closely match the existing taper of the steel bracelets, but just not sure of how it would feel. I am thinking of getting an Omega brand deployant, but would appreciate input on other options.

Also, I am think that either Arron Bespoke or Genteel would be able to make leather straps for both watches. Any other suggestions?

Again, appreciate any input or thoughts you all are able to provide.

Thanks!

The 3861 on leather comes with a 20-16mm deployant, and while I like the look of the taper, I have found that your options for straps at 20-16 are a lot more limited, though if Genteel is in your budget, they certainly can make a 20-16mm.

I myself am currently looking a Genteel 20-16mm, though I may just get the bracelet first, and see how I feel.