Forums Latest Members

Denver Boutique Basel Release Party

1. Baco Noir Jun 8, 2017

I got invited to the Basel Release party at the Omega Boutique in Denver tonight. They brought in a lot of corporate staff and all the Basel releases with working movements but marked "Not For Sale" on the lugs where the serial number goes.

I was most surprised by the Aqua Terras. They are available in both 37mm and 41mm and priced at $5400 on rubber or leather or $5500 on a SS bracelet. The have the 8900 movements and sapphire casebacks. The 41mm is 13.2mm thick and worn really well on my wrist.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They have several other dial options as well as a black dial with Sedona gold bezel and crown -$8000 thought.

These SS models are great values and even better with a discount from a friendly AD.

I also tried on the Railmaster. The strap was really nice but not sure about the SS inserts in the tang buckle holes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is 40mm, so just 1mm smaller than the AT, but felt small.

All of these have a conical crown that's wider on the outside to make it easier to grip - subtle change but really nice.

IAm_KY, RRMagyar, bigdubnick and 6 others like this.
  2. Wetworks Jun 9, 2017

That second AT color combo is awesome!!! Not feeling the (faux?) endpiece for the strap, though. But to not go for the SS bracelet at only a $100 premium would be crazy anyway.

R3D9, dsio and Blackhawks136 like this.
  3. Baco Noir Jun 9, 2017

Yeah, the grey teak dial with blue accents was my favorite too. If I go this route, I'd buy the bracelet and rubber for options.

Wetworks likes this.
  4. Blackhawks136 Jun 9, 2017

That second AT is sharp. On a stainless bracelet would be even nicer.

dsio likes this.
  5. Wing Zero Jun 9, 2017

The AT looks nice with the pop of orange but not feeling that rail master.
    No 60th anniversary LE models?

6. Baco Noir Jun 9, 2017

They had them but there were long waits and none of them sung to me enough too wait.

7. RRMagyar Jun 10, 2017

I really like the new AT design as well -- I am partial to the first photo with the orange accents.

8. Baco Noir Jun 10, 2017

@RRMagyar - I'm torn. If I didn't already have the polar Explorer II with the orange accents, that'd be the one I'd go for too. It was the first one that caught my eye in the case. I was wearing the polar at the event and realized that they are very similar in color palet, almost identical really. As I looked at the others, the grey teak dial drew me in since 1) I don't own any grey dials and 2) the iridescent blue is mesmerizing.

9. Bushido Jun 10, 2017

I think this is sound reasoning. Having both the Exp and AT white dials would provide visual redundancy in my opinion. Meanwhile, the grey dial with blue accents looks damn sharp and offers an appealing uniqueness.

10. DCheeta Jun 10, 2017

The new AT models are cool, but what's the deal with that piece of metal they stuck on the rubber strap? I'd have to skip the rubber and go with the bracelet.

That new Railmaster is really cool looking. I may have to try one on when I get the chance.

Thanks for the pics!

Baco Noir likes this.
  11. Exarkun12 Jun 11, 2017

The white dialled AT is a killer!

Baco Noir likes this.
  12. Baco Noir Jun 11, 2017

I only noticed the metal insert for a few minutes IRL then it just became "normal" if that makes sense.

13. _Omega_ Jun 12, 2017

I was there as well. Disappointed they didn't have any 57's. Nice evening though.

IMG_3891.JPG

IMG_3893.JPG

Riviera Paradise and watchme like this.
  14. R3D9 Jun 12, 2017

I'm having the strangest reaction to the non-LE Railmaster. I'll look at it one time and love it and then come back five minutes later and convince myself it's not for me...

Is it an all-brushed case? I think the lack of any polished surfaces is what turns me off.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure this is one I'm going to have to see in the metal before I make a final judgement. The dial options are both great and that fabric strap I haven't seen before - love it!

I've been contemplating the discontinued 39mm Railmaster as a cheaper temporary fix to my Explorer obsession. Hard to find one in good condition, though.

15. Baco Noir Jun 13, 2017

@R3D9 - yes, all brushed. I looked at the grey dial version as well, but it didn't have enough contrast for me - too monotone.