Forums Latest Members

Dent... can it be fixed...? How to proceed.

1. taihei51 Jul 1, 2013

Long story short, it was the only day I brought my Omega to the gym and I just happened to drop it on the hard marble floor direct impact. I inspected the watch after the fall, no marks seen and I was very pleased. Until I got on my car, and saw this dent on the side metal area of the dial. In my eyes its HUGE, but the pictures make it look like I might be insane. My question is, can I get this fixed or serviced so its severely back to its original state? Could I get it done at the Omega service center ? What will it cost me? I am in Thailand by the way.

[​IMG]

2. Hijak Jul 1, 2013

I might be more concerned for the movement inside...how high was it dropped from?

3. taihei51 Jul 1, 2013

I never thought about that. Too obsessed with its looks than its performance. I suppose it was not too high, possibly 4-5 feet, dropped out of the locker.

4. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jul 2, 2013

They could polish the area around the mark to make it blend in but it would remove a little metal and thus ever so slightly not be identical to the other side.

5. taihei51 Jul 2, 2013

Do you think it will be really noticeable ? Where should I get it done ? At the Omega service center trust watch repair that I can say I trust ?

6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jul 2, 2013

You can ask them but I don't know if they do that as a separate service. In most cases it will be improved but as for completely removed I don't know. It really depends on the wachmaker doing the refinishing. I would suggest living it with and address the issue when you get it serviced.

7. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2013

Dude, take a pill and wear your watch. Things never stay perfect for eternity.

Wabi sabi

8. taihei51 Jul 2, 2013

Thanks for the advice Kringkily and also ulackfocus; I mean the watch ain't going with me when I die too right ? I'll just live with it and get it looked at when it needs to be serviced. It's the same way I can't live with a small stain on my shirt, it just messes with my head.

9. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jul 2, 2013

I am the same way. If I am wearing a white shirt and I get a stain on it. I can't stop thinking about it lol. Unfortunately these don't wash out. It's minor enough and once you wear it enough, you won't feel so bad. Enjoy my friend.

10. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2013

[​IMG]

11. taihei51 Jul 2, 2013

Just ordered a bakers dozen, thanks for the advice !

12. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2013

No worries. The generic version is called alprazolam I think. :p

13. taihei51 Jul 2, 2013

No need for the generic version, only the best for me.