Forums Latest Members
  1. Alpenschneerot Dec 14, 2013

Hello friends,
    here is my latest arrival:
    Omega Automatic,9 Karat pink gold case from Dennison,Ref.13308, black dial.Bumper caliber 354.
    The sweep second hand is on the way to get pink gold plated...:) IMG_3019[1].JPG IMG_3011[1].JPG IMG_3015[1].JPG

Varasc, Hijak, rhetoric and 3 others like this.
  2. Tritium Dec 14, 2013

Very nice dial and really nice condition movement.
    Maybe now you´ll think on moving any of your other black dials... #seamastercalendar:whistling:

3. John R Smith Dec 14, 2013

I hate to say this - but are you sure that it's not a re-dial? This is a 1953 watch, so - 'Swiss' and 'Made' are too far apart, and the 'Omega' script is too large related to the 'Automatic' for this early '50s date, perhaps?

4. Dablitzer Dec 14, 2013

It's a lovely watch, but I agree with john here.

5. Alpenschneerot Dec 14, 2013

I am totally confused and uncertain:( .
    What should I do?
    Reiner

6. Dablitzer Dec 14, 2013

Dear Reiner,

Depending on provenance, I would return the watch, if you look closely at the 12 marker the minute track doesn't seem to align correctly...And the Omega vs Automatic look wrong in size.

I really hope you can return the watch, and I'm sorry if I'm wrong.. It was just a hunch and what jumped out at me when I first saw the watch.

Regards,

Alex

7. John R Smith Dec 14, 2013

Reiner

Now I wish that I had not said anything. It is just that my main interest is in this 1946 to 1955 period, and I have also looked at a lot of Dennisons. And this dial just looked wrong to me, so I thought that I had better say something if you still had the opportunity to return the watch for a refund. But we really need other experts like Gator, Dennis and Mike as well as Alex to have a look and give their verdict, too. Which I am sure that they will.

8. ulackfocus Dec 14, 2013

I think it's probably a redial too. The SWISS MADE is too far apart and I don't even know if this should only have SWISS anyway. Whenever you see a black dial from before 1970 you have to be 3 times more skeptical of it's originality.

9. John R Smith Dec 14, 2013

Yes, I have my doubts that this dial was black originally. Here is a picture I stole off the 'net of a Dennison 13308 and this dial is probably (edit - possibly?) original. One other thing that raises my concern is that with hour batons of this type the chapter ring (minute track) usually does not have index marks at the batons, as in this example -

Dennison 13308.jpg