Forums Latest Members

Defy, leave as is or attempt to clean

1. Gaz6263 Apr 21, 2017

Just arrived today,usual dodgy pics (actually mine aren't much better) and description by seller but got to say I'm reasonably pleased. image.jpg As far as I can see everything is original and with the added bonus of a nice NSA stretch clasp bracelet. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Now my only concern is the rather dull appearance of the case. Could it do with a little buffing or should I leave it alone?
    If I buff it any suggestions on the best method. All help gratefully received.

2. jfwoodman Apr 21, 2017

Hard to tell from these photos. When in doubt, leave it alone unless it really bothers you.

3. michael22 Apr 21, 2017

"Buffing" means using a power tool, in some circles, which commonly leads to problems. Especially with small items.
    Gentle hand polishing is much safer.

Definitely don't rush to do it. A wipe with a cotton cloth soaked in baby oil can sometimes work wonders.

ahartfie likes this.
  4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 21, 2017

Great reference - among the best of the Defy dials.

Pretty easy to screw up this case, usually by getting the graining wrong or blunting the facets running along the side of the case. If you buff, find a very skilled watchmaker who is familiar with this particular model. For reference, this is the NOS finish
    xDSC_0035.jpg xDSC_0040.jpg

5. plexyforever Apr 23, 2017

Nice Zenith reference and nice catch.:thumbsup: