Forums Latest Members
  1. Smspectre Aug 28, 2016

i know these are 2 totally different watches. But these are my really want watches. At the moment I can only afford the 1 so which one
    Do I go Rolex deepsea james Cameron addition and hold off on the snoopy until they hopefully drop. Or vise versa.
    Decisions decisions. Any advise would help.
    Please don't reply neither as this isn't part of the question.
    Thanks.

2. alam Aug 28, 2016

:)

Jwit likes this.
  3. Bushido Aug 28, 2016

That's a tricky one to tease between since they are such polar opposites in almost every single way. Have you tried on the Deep Blue? While I think it's a gorgeous watch, it is quite thick and dense. So, if you're not used to that or do not typically like it, I can see it becoming an annoyance with extended wear. I presume you have your eyes on that one vs like the SD4K due to preferring the aesthetics? However, it would be quite hard to argue with the technology being offered inside.

On the other side of things is the Snoopy. A fun looking watch with a work horse manual wind movement. But, I think it's still being bought/sold above its weight class in my opinion. Not sure if and by how much it will go down in value on the second hand market now or in the foreseeable future.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Aug 28, 2016

deapsea JC is my vote! I find it absolutely stunning and I love it. What's your two price comparisons?

5. EatMan Aug 28, 2016

So I have a snoopy. Was really tempted to flip and get a GMT II and pocket some change-- that opportunity for a quick profit is mighty tempting. But every time I look at Silver Snoop, I end up saying it's a heck of watch and will be hard to replace. Really like how sporty it is and definitely under the radar so really a nice weekend watch. You really have to see it in person to appreciate this watch. CK LE is beautiful but Snoop is something else.

But I paid retail so different context. If snoopy was a clear #1 desired watch, go for it. But if not, get the one you can get at a retail (or close to retail) price. Rolex Deepsea, although not for me, is a great watch.

With that said I really don't see snoopy price coming down anytime soon. Most sellers holding firm on price and looks like trading on eBay for about $13k recently.

Edited Aug 28, 2016
    meganfox17 and Ree like this.
  6. Ree Aug 28, 2016

If you can get a good deal on Snoopy I think you should go for it :thumbsup:
    but if the prices are too high then I think you can get the Deepsea first, enjoy it, and trade it to a Snoopy some time in the future

7. meganfox17 Aug 29, 2016

[​IMG]

Longbow, demollo and Smspectre like this.
  8. Smspectre Sep 2, 2016

Well. I got the snoopy, absolutely love it.

Ree, Longbow and EatMan like this.
  9. Dannyomega Sep 2, 2016

Snoopy for sure !

10. bill5959 Sep 2, 2016

My wife got the Snoopy so I never see it. 5 Omegas and she doesn't wear watches :cool: But it does grow on you. A daring design choice that I think hit the mark. Bill

11. EatMan Sep 2, 2016

You mention you got a decent price on it. Curious, More or less than Deepsea?

12. Smspectre Sep 3, 2016

A lot less than deep sea jc.

13. WatchWarlock Sep 3, 2016

Hrm. Depends how you view your timepieces and if you care about value retention. On watch alone I like the snoopy. However, IMO Rolex, particularly the James Cameron will hold its value better. And has a higher probability to skyrocket at a moment's whim. I don't see the Snoopy doubling in price within the next 5 years. But I could certainly see that happening to the Deepsea.

14. Smspectre Sep 3, 2016

Totally agree but as for values I do buy for the love of a watch not future value.
    I am now saving for the deepsea jc as this is on my list of want watches.
    I will never profit from watches as I don't sell any (except for the spare ck2998 that I had)