Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Mar 27, 2014

Came across both of these whilst on my travels today...

The first is a speedy 105.002 (not sure of the year..) on original flatlink bracelet and a crisp caseback. Slightly polished lugs..bezel is near perfect as I've seen.

And this lemania single pusher chrono:

[​IMG]

I would love some expertise on these two pieces. I like them both, but what I am mainly interested to know is, what should I be paying to leave room for a service? I know what prices I've been quoted so it would be interesting to see if they were way above or below what you guys think in the current market! :)

2. JohnSteed Mar 27, 2014

I'm honestly scared to suggest a price on the .002. It was supposedly produced a very short time '62-'63 and expensive for that and other reasons. Dial look nice IMHO. The two .002s that I've seen were in great shape, but replacement crown, was approx $12k if I recall correctly.

I dont know the other timepiece, apologies.

3. Dablitzer Mar 27, 2014

Thank you John,

Because I'm new to speedies I am unsure of the hand and ref combination as I know they can come with alpha hands as well.

The Lemania just looked really nice in person and very clean overall..

Like most things I ponder on they are usually gone when I've made a decision!

Such is life! :(

4. michael e Still learning. Mar 27, 2014

Hi Alex.
    I have seen 105.002s with both types of hands, I was told this is normal. prices asked seem to go up to £7500.
    The 002 above looks like a nice one to me. I have one, It is my one and only straight lug speedmaster now.
    Thanks Mick

5. Unwound Mar 27, 2014

The Speedmaster could likely always be worth what you pay for it in the future, if not more.

maddesa likes this.
  6. JohnSteed Mar 27, 2014

That 002 really looks nice, and we haven't seen the movement and side photos! Looks like it would clean up well. I need to know where you get your 'finds' ;)

7. Dablitzer Mar 27, 2014

I won't say anything yet incase it doesn't happen ;) but this is a long time friend who is a collector/dealer and he 'happened' to find this watch, and wants to let it go for another purchase. I know it's a rare reference so I'm extra cautious... When you mention "sides" what exactly are you looking for? Is it the shape/curvature of the lugs?

8. JohnSteed Mar 27, 2014

Yup...Just to check out the crown, general lug condition, surfaces, any signs of excessive polishing, etc

How good is the horse on the back?

Have your guy verify it for you, if he's/she's willing. It looks good from here, across the pond

9. agee Mar 27, 2014

Can you show a picture of the Lemania case back? Thanks