Forums Latest Members
  1. wwhntr Jun 10, 2014

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 11, 2014

I did -

Not get it!

But it was a score for someone. ;)

3. dragoman Jun 11, 2014

How about this one? A living example of how a haphazard image may be worth more than a thousand word. AUD 400, actually. No one, ever, mentioned anything about the bracelet in this ad:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Vintage-Omeg...7314?pt=AU_Watches&hash=item35d6af6bd2&_uhb=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]

First time on ebay, it did not get the initial price (AUD 50) covered.

It was offered as a Geneve f300 with the following text:
    Vintage Omega watch needs a new battery maybe a collectors item.
    see attached photos .

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Vintage-Omeg...6922?pt=AU_Watches&hash=item4d1ddabf7a&_uhb=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The second time around, the seller dropped in a battery and had this to say

I took the initiative and went to a creditable watch repairer and was told that further work would be required.
    He said that the calipers would need to be replaced and that it would cost me around $350.00 plus.
    He showed me a repair catalogue and pointed out that if I sent it to Omega it would be $900
    There is a new battery installed and the watch has that beautiful humming sound hence the second hand is moving but hour and minute arent
    I am glad I did this because I dont want to sell a watch without pointing out a defect.
    I am now offering this watch as in need of servicing

This second time he got AUD 400. The seller must still be scratching his head...

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 11, 2014

I actually PMed him and asked him let me buy it now for $500 and he said no because he had been offered more... lost interest and left it at that point (the F300)

5. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jun 12, 2014

I ended up being the winner, although I don't have a Speedmaster it does look good on my Geneve!

[​IMG]

6. Lex4TDI4Life Jun 12, 2014

Heresy!