Forums Latest Members
  1. Xylophone Mar 1, 2021

Good day, I am new to the forum and am trying to sell an Omega De Ville Symbol but a potential buyer has said it is a fake. I bought in on eBay about 3 yrs ago but now my gold Eterna has been fixed it is surplus to requirements. The serial number is: 54 922 021 and there are a couple of other numbers on it: 196 0316 and 396 1016. Is it real and what would a good sale price be? Thank you. Xylophone

Picture2.jpg Omega De Ville.png De Ville back.png
  2. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Mar 1, 2021

These are some low quality images that appear to be from three different sources ::confused2::

apsm100 and DaveK like this.
  3. Xylophone Mar 1, 2021

Well my old Nokia flip phone won't take pics so I asked a photographer friend to take a couple for me, and also included the pic from when I bought it!! I have included the serial numbers so perhaps that will help??

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 1, 2021

It's quite genuine. One of the Omega DeVille "Symbol" series from mid 1980s.

Show this to the potential buyer.

ODS1.png

ODS2.png

As to price, it will depend on your location. You can check eBay completed/sold listings to get a rough idea.

maskwp, DaveK and Dan S like this.
  5. Xylophone Mar 1, 2021

Many thanks JiminOz, much appreciated. I think one of the problems is that I now live in Phuket (Thailand) and places like this are associated with copies/rip-offs. I'm not that good with websites and things, and I did try to list it on eBay, but the process of listing it and sending it was far too complicated for me I'm afraid, so I advertised it locally and got the "it is fake" response. So I will have to rethink what I do with it. I was thinking of selling it for US$500.

On a completely different note, somewhere on here when I was searching through, I noticed that an Eterna watch was mentioned, and I have one which I bought back in the 1980s and it's a solid gold very slim quartz watch with an unusual shape, however I've never been able to find anything like it on the Internet, even though I have a serial number. Is there a thread here somewhere upon which I can enquire as to its worth or even its name? Many thanks again.

6. Dan S Mar 1, 2021

Just ignore the response and keep it listed. The watch is legit, and you have every right to sell it.

maskwp and Xylophone like this.