Forums Latest Members

Daytona strap question...

1. speedy57 May 16, 2017

I wear my 2005 WHite Gold Daytona fairly regular. Clean watch with a few"handling marks" from me over the years. I enjoy wearing it on straps, but it is heavier than many watches, so I like a "strong" feeling strap. I would like to go back to be able to us my original Rolex buckle as seen on the strap in the middle. My currents strap does not work for the Rolex buckle, the brown eBay one I tried I s too thin and cheap feeling/looking. I like the carbon fiber one currently on it but cannot use the Rolex buckle. Question: does anyone have a good/more reasonably priced source for an original Rolex strap in black or the original Carmel that came on it? Also, does anyone have a good source who sells/makes this type of Rolex strap but isn't cheapo junk like the eBay one I tried, but also not silly priced for a leather strap? Just looking for some helpful input, not to get an immature flaming. Just want to be cost conscience. image.jpeg

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 16, 2017

3. speedy57 May 16, 2017

Thanks, but no dice. Their website specifically says not for the white gold model. There is a difference. Still looking.

4. chunkythebulldog May 17, 2017

I've got a Rolex Buffalo strap that I put on my WG Daytona. Only been worn a couple of times and have since sold the Rolex so no further use for it. Paid about £170.00 for it but will sell it for £120.00 shipped. If you're interested let me know and I'll post some pictures of the strap when i get home tonight.

5. watchlovr May 17, 2017

Dark brown cobra.

fullsizeoutput_7cf.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3c.jpeg

6. speedy57 May 26, 2017

Where did you guys purchase or have made? I happen to have an entire 6" gator hide tanned beautifully in black patent leather from a legal hunt some 10 yrs ago that I never did anything with...