Forums Latest Members
  1. mmarc77 Jun 16, 2018

Mailman delivered this today and I really like the looks of it so it is going into my rotation. I don't know what the movement caliber is and although it looks like a press on and there is a seam, I can't get the back case off and don't want to scratch it up.

The case w/o crown is 35mm, 18mm lugs and is brushed stainless with polished bezel, top of the lugs and case back. The crown is unsigned and has a bubble type extrusion from the center. The dial appears to be redone and has Arabic five minute gold markers and gold dots at the one minute marks. The case is extremely well sealed with a high quality fit and finish and if a redial it is very well done maybe even by the factory? It doesn't have a bumper as I can't feel anything when I gently shake it and the case is very thin at 9.3mm.

It is on my wrist now and I intend to keep and wear it regardless but does it look legit or is it a franken? If it is legit, any idea of the date or era it was made and what caliber movement it should have in it? I searched the omega database but couldn't find a match and I will get it to the watchmaker in a few weeks but curiosity is getting the best of me on what this is. Thanks for any help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. omegastar Jun 16, 2018

Cal. 30t2, 1947-8..., refinished dial, repolished case and original crown.

mmarc77 likes this.