Forums Latest Members
  1. Mykhol Feb 24, 2017

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to luxury watches. I have recently bought a Speedmaster Prossional Moonphase Ref: 35765000.

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me out with a Date change issue. All the idividual dates work as you expect them to changing over at midnight by themselves except the 23rd it will not change over to the 24th by itself, only way to do it is by using the pusher. Any ideas what is causing this, is it normal for one day of the month to need changing over manually with the pusher?

I did send my watch over to omega with this exact problem but they sent me it back saying there is nothing wrong with it. But if they just checked the dates change ok by using the pusher they wouldn't see any problem with it.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated, I don't really want to send my watch off for another 1/2months unless I really need to.

Thank you in advance.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 24, 2017

No, this isn't normal. The Cal. 1866 has a few quirky things that can happen, but in this case I would suggest there is one damaged tooth on the date star.

Cheers, Al

Mykhol and EatMan like this.
  3. shoota70 Feb 24, 2017

This may be a tough one to answer, but does pushing the pusher engage a different mechanism then would automatically engage at midnight?

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 24, 2017

The corrector uses a mechanism to advance the date star wheel - that is clearly not what advances it during normal operation. That's why it works with the corrector, and not under normal operation.

shoota70 likes this.
  5. shoota70 Feb 24, 2017

so the pusher could work even if the date star had no teeth at all?

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 24, 2017

That's not at all what I indicated. The date is advanced by a finger interacting with the date star, where the corrector activates a lever that pushes on the teeth of the date star. So as you asked above, it is a different mechanism that is activated by the corrector to manually advance the date than the one that advances it under normal running.

I don't have a video showing the date corrector working, but this video shows the moon phase corrector being engaged to advance the moon phase indicator:

The lever that is advancing the teeth of the moon phase disk has another lever under it that advances the date star. This acts on a completely different spot on the date star than the finger that advances it under normal operation.

shoota70 likes this.
  7. shoota70 Feb 27, 2017

great video thank you. seriously basic stuff there - I gave it way too much credit.