Forums Latest Members

Dark side of the moon band sizes

1. Phi341 Jun 3, 2017

Just picked up my first Omega from an online dealer. Dark side of the moon with the nylon band with the deploy buckle. I have tried my best to find the answer to this question and even the Omega store was not reall sure. At first they told me there were two sizes and then changed that when looking at the catalog.

I have the current band set to the smallest size it has and the band and the watch is still looser then I would like. I found this a little strange.. I'm no giant at 5.10 but in now way an unusually small guy that has a routine wrist size problem when buying watch so I found the sizing a little odd.

Does Omega sell a smaller size band in the same style? I'd prefer to keep the same style but I am open to any options you may know. I do love the watch, by far my favorite of any top quality brands I've acquired over the years. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. thatonewatchdude Jun 3, 2017

can you give me the ref # of the strap you currently have?

3. Phi341 Jun 3, 2017

The inside of the strap says GJF and then below 65. Does that help?

4. thatonewatchdude Jun 3, 2017

Its ok I found it, so the small strap you are inquiring about is available here is the ref. for the small version 032CWZ004250. Just go to your nearest boutique or AD as they would have a parts account and give them that ref number and you will be good to go.

5. ras47 Jun 3, 2017

6. thatonewatchdude Jun 3, 2017

ras47 likes this.
  7. ras47 Jun 3, 2017

Well I'll be dipped in sh!t! I could have sworn the new Speedmasters, including my Co-Axial Moonwatch Chronograph, were all 22mm between the lugs. I've been searching for all the wrong bands! I could have sworn I read somewhere official that they were larger, but clearly I've been wrong all along. Omega's site clearly states they're all 21mm.

8. thatonewatchdude Jun 3, 2017

Haha its cool glad you now know, you can definitely fit a 22mm in your timepiece but it would deplete the life of the leather and stress it a lot faster, but go with the 21mm

9. Phi341 Jun 3, 2017

Thanks guys, I'm going to head to the store with the reference code and see what they say.

10. Perre Jul 20, 2020

Apologies for reactivating this old thread, but I have similar issues and was wondering if Omega supplied shorter versions of the strap. Did you manage to order one?

11. Bugbait Jul 20, 2020

Almost all the current leather based deployant straps come in 3 sizes, each about 10mm difference on each end. I would guess the fabric and silicon to be similar. Your local AD or OB should be able to sort you out by looking up your model number.

12. Perre Jul 20, 2020

Thanks!

13. Happy Jul 20, 2020

Congratulations on a great watch !!