Forums Latest Members
  1. mohamedalimam Apr 14, 2019

Hello guys...

I am new to this world so I might ask some silly questions...

I am considering buying this 105.012, the lume is a bit dark, and I am not sure if it is original / relumed / or maybe even just painted.

My question is will it still glow under the UV light, so if I bought it, should I consider the outcome from the UV light test after purchase, or is it too aged/dark that it is pointless to apply the UV light on it.

and in this cases, is there any other way to check if the lume is aged/ or just a paint?

Will appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Mohamed

Screenshot_20190414-091155_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190414-091219_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190414-091207_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190414-091130_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190414-091143_eBay.jpg 20190414_091311.jpg
  2. mohamedalimam Apr 15, 2019

Is there anything wrong with the post, 80+ views and "0" reply?

I hope I am not doing anything wrong!!!!

thanks

3. DotOverNine Apr 15, 2019

mohamedalimam likes this.
  4. jimmyd13 Apr 15, 2019

You're doing nothing wrong and welcome to the forum.

Check the other thread and you will find all your answers. That said, I've not read the other thread so here's my immediate thoughts: numbers match the caseback. Overall, the watch is essentially correct ...m BUT, my spidey-sense is tingling.

The case has been lightly refinished. The DON is good, but not top end and the marks on the bezel don't really match up with anything on the (admittedly cleaned up) case. The deep honey lume does occur, but it's usually when the watch has lived somewhere hot and dry it's entire life and is not a common colour. You also tend to see that lume with "less black" dials - that might be the photos, so if I were interested in the watch I'd be making up a list of questions for the vendor. As I'm thinking about the watch, I'd also check that caseback is a match for the serial number ... I have a sneaking, nagging thought about that ... it would be time to open up MWO.

Basically, this watch "feels" like it's been dressed up and assembled. Not saying it is from a few photos, but it certainly has that feel and bears further investigation. Also, if it was true and looked that good, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It would have been sold already ... unless it's got a very hight sticker price.

mohamedalimam likes this.
  5. mohamedalimam Apr 15, 2019

Thanks you
    Much appreciate the input Jimmyd13... thanks