Forums Latest Members
  1. ELV web Oct 19, 2017

jumpingsecond and wristpirate like this.
  2. Dial & Bezel Oct 19, 2017

Quite interesting indeed. Just finished reading it. What a smart boy!

jumpingsecond likes this.
  3. jumpingsecond Oct 19, 2017

Yea definitely- takes a certain kind of individual with the combination of intellect & drive to do what he's done at that age.
    Very rare.

4. abrod520 Oct 19, 2017

it's the Hans Wilsdorf story rewritten for the millennial age, with more focus on marketing and less (no) focus on quality. Good on him for identifying a market for slim, reserved watches. I see way more DW watches on younger peoples' wrists than 45mm monstrosities these days

Jwit and wsfarrell like this.
  5. jakeh417 Oct 19, 2017

I read that fashion branded watches are a big thing. Everyone has a website selling them now. It's like selling t-shirts. There are a lot of Chinese companies where you just tell them design and what you want and they ship them to you or you can sell straight from them. Of course those that succeed have applied good business and marketing sense.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 19, 2017

You don't have to tell them your design - you can just pick from a catalogue and have your name applied to the dials. I get unsolicited emails from these companies all the time, offering to make products for me...just delete them and move on...

These are not watchmaking companies - they are companies that happen to sell watches instead of some other widget...

7. gvids Oct 22, 2017

These types of watches are a dime a dozen, however the story is still impressive from a business point of view, exactly because there is so much competition! Thanks for sharing Archer, a good read.