Forums Latest Members

Damaged ,late father's ,chronostop seamaster 145.008

1. Yuguar Dec 4, 2016

As in the title...
    I Would like to restore it.
    Already learned it is not wise to redial it since it looses value... But as it looks now I don't think it has any value and is not really usable as is...
    So any advice where could I find bezel ? It's rotating bezel.. 145.007 I think used same but not rotating..
    Image of bezel is from some old auction and a guy on eBay dealing omega parts told me it's obsolete so no joy on buying it new.
    I found this dial but in Australia :-\ and is pretty expensive for starters to get it to Serbia it will endup 500 eur IMG_20161204_152118_707.JPG IMG_20161204_151953_825.JPG IMG_20161204_151937_578.JPG IMG_20161204_151900_751.JPG yachting bezel.jpg Screenshot_2016-11-27-09-25-31.png

2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Dec 4, 2016

Just get a service on it and a new crystal. Leave the rest alone.

If you want a new watch buy a new watch.

AveConscientia, efauser and Baz9614 like this.
  3. Yuguar Dec 4, 2016

Forget to write how it got like that.. I was very young when father died.. And when I was about 16 years old I wanted to wear the watch, but it was really worn.. Old man got it as present in 1970 and wore it almost every day till 1986.
    The glass was cracked and dull, so I took it to service... They changed the glass and I told them to change back cover o-ring...
    The glass installed is original omega with small sign engraved... Still have the old one..
    So I wore it until one day I got pushed into a pool.. Next morning there was fog on the inside of glass :'(
    So I take it to that watch servicemen... Haha he opens it takes a cloth to wipe the glass from inside.. And then went the numbers on the dial... And when asked how water entered he told me well o-rings on crowns weren't changed.. Stupid me stupid him even more... He wasn't able to find bezel at that time since our country was bombed by NATO and economic sanctions etc etc... And I was so dissapointed and sad just placed it in its box where it sat for 15 years...

4. Yuguar Dec 4, 2016

Hmm I do have new watch :-P ... But would like to wear this one...Don't know now what to do arghh
    If it's in box ,at least for me, it's like I don't have it.
    Oh and forgot to say it stays in family...

5. bgrisso Dec 4, 2016

What is the problem with the original dial and bezel? Looks fine for vintage.

6. Interstatetime Dec 4, 2016

Everybody has a different taste. I would be proud to wear it with a new crystal or even a polished crystal. I think it looks great as is...Having said that I understand that some people like the new look. It is your watch. Do what you want but keep the old parts.

JohnCote

7. Yuguar Dec 4, 2016

Haha that's like me and my best friends taste and discussing women... While he is like - look at her she is top.. I'm like - who... Where...You see a woman ? :-P .
    Im fine with the Cristal and dial but bezel is ,for my taste, ruined completely..
    So I'll be definitely looking for replacement bezel.. Probably -used one - that has old look better than brand new.. To preserve "vintage" ..
    If any one has suggestion where to look other than what google spits out in search advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

8. Baz9614 Dec 4, 2016

Keep an eye on the bay, those bezels come up now and then.