Forums Latest Members

Dagored24 - Very Bad Experience

1. pascs Jun 16, 2013

Unfortunately I fell for a sale of a Speedmaster 321 being sold by Dagored24. Watch was never sent and he requested additional payment to clear the watch from customs.

I should have gone with my gut feeling from the beginning as I felt something wasnt quite right.

Anyway thanks to Paypal the money is back in my account safe and sound :thumbsup:

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 16, 2013

Good to hear there was a good outcome for you at least.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 16, 2013

Wow. He looks legit and involved in forum discussions,too.
    Could you tell us what makes you think something wasn't quite right at first time?

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 16, 2013

Ash, he still has 3 listings on. Don't you want to raise red flag? or at least query him on this case?

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 16, 2013

He has been banned so nobody can contact him but we might look at that as well.

6. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jun 16, 2013

He has his e-mail address in his adverts, so perhaps you ought to delete them as a precaution - especially as the sales forum is now more high profile.

7. pascs Jun 16, 2013

Nothing really obvious but his email address in his advert was different from his paypal and also he wouldnt send by fedex. Nothing wrong with any of that, it just made me suspicious and it was one of those times when you say to yourself I just knew something wasnt quite right.

He seemed like someone genuinely interested in watches which was what swayed me in the end.

If I had googled his paypal address it would have come up as a red flag so I'll definitely be doing some additional checking next time.

And I'm very thankful to paypal for reclaiming the money and also to Ash for his prompt response when I contacted him about the issue

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 16, 2013

I remember one time I have to do some research background on one seller in here AND his girlfriend, because he use her paypal account. The good thing the factors that I research showed consistency, and the transaction was going well.
    I can imagine at that time I could be victim because I use Paypal as gift.

BTW do you also ask him to get picture at certain time (ala chrono24) with newspaper background to ensure the watch indeed is in his possession?

9. ulackfocus Jun 16, 2013

Excellent!

Not a good idea. Especially with somebody you don't know.

10. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 16, 2013

I know......something I shouldn't repeat again.

11. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Jun 18, 2013

Same user on WUS? Might have a chat with the admin there

12. pascs Jun 18, 2013

I have sent WUS a warning email although I havent received any reply yet

It does highlight the advantages of dealing with trusted sellers like yourself :)