Forums Latest Members
  1. hamster Kung Fu Hamster rules! Sep 23, 2016

im giving my dad the long awaited birthday present tomorrow, so I thought I'd share a picture before I did...

I've put it on a really dark brown sort of chocolate leather hirsch strap which I think really sets the gold off.

I know the box isn't vintage but I thought it'd be nicer than a card! It's a modern Longines one and we had a plate engraved which you can see, with a quote and some other bits. Also managed to get a lovely cream microfibre to go with it.

Hopefully you guys approve - welcome your thoughts! Thank you for all the help and advice, it really is appreciated! And thanks again to @Speedmasterfan88 .

Sadly, this has now resulted in me constantly watching the private sales forum considering the numerous ways to part with significant amounts of cash!!

image.jpeg

George.A, Jwit, Northernman and 6 others like this.
  2. Seiji Sep 23, 2016

That is a great looking box! Nice workmanship on that engraving!

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 23, 2016

Yes and nice that it comes with a watch !

kkt likes this.
  4. hamster Kung Fu Hamster rules! Sep 24, 2016

Cheers! Yeah the engraving is really nice. Originally we thought we were going to have to get two smaller plates - one on the outside and one on the inside with the text split across them. Mainly because I didn't want to cover the Longines logo on the inside. The hero at the engraving shop went one better and engraved the logo as you can see! Along with the ultra chron logo!

5. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Sep 24, 2016

Beautiful watch. Stunning presentation as well!

DaveK and hamster like this.
  6. dlg Sep 27, 2016

Gorgeous.

hamster likes this.
  7. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Sep 28, 2016

Luckily my pops don't surf here, because I only bought him a shitty UG in a anonymous faux leather box.

Nicely done, @hamster

al128 and hamster like this.