Forums Latest Members
  1. Myron Aug 15, 2016

Hi Guys,

I am breaking up my collection of bicompax military-issued chronographs. For sale here is my 1974 CWC 6BB, as issued to the Royal Air Force. The dial and handset are in immaculate condition, and are what has become known as the "gilt" variety. The watch runs, sets, and resets in perfect order. I don't know about time-keeping, but on the rare occasions that I wore it I never noticed any severe problem.

The movement is the correctly-marked Valjoux 7733. The fixed bars are perfect. The case is clean, with the only signs of wear being normal dings and scratches from its long service life. The printing on the registers is the clearest and cleanest I've ever seen on any 7733-powered 6BB chronograph. Truly this watch is an excellent specimen in every regard.

The photo's were taken just now, except for the movement shot and the pics that follow it, which I took a while ago for my records. Now that the watch is for sale, I don't want to risk a slip with the case wrench so the movement pic will remain a file photo. I don't know enough about my camera to know why the macro setting makes the pics so yellow. But rest assured this is an artifact of the photography, not the watch.

$2100 USD shipped and PayPaled in the US by USPS Priority Mail. I will ship to most countries, but will ask you to assume the extra cost and risk of shipping and to assume responsibility for all customs duties, etc.

Tons of references and many transactions on WUS & MWR sales corners and I have a couple here too. Contact me by email at roverhaven at gmail dot com. PM works fine too, but will slow down our communication over the weekend.

Thanks for looking!

Myron

These photo's I took just for this listing on 12 Aug 2016:

P8120002.JPG

P8120001.JPG

P8120003.JPG

P8120004.JPG

P8120005.JPG

These photo's are "file" photo's of the watch. I took all of these at various times that I owned the watch:

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3657.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

IMG_3659.JPG

IMG_5849.JPG

GregH, tinger, Northernman and 4 others like this.
  2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 15, 2016

Love those, GLWS Myron!
    (Hope you're keeping one at least!).

3. Myron Aug 15, 2016

Haha, thanks Sylvie! I will probably keep either the Hamilton or the Newmark, depending which sells first. :)

4. Myron Aug 16, 2016

SOLD! Thank you buyer and OF for this great resource.

Myron