Forums Latest Members
  1. hmss007 Jun 7, 2018

I have a Planet Ocean 600M (Ref: 232.30.42.21.01.001) that I absolutely love and I intend to keep it "forever" and keep in the family. With that in mind, the only thing I'd like to change about the watch is the Orange on the dial and second hand - I'd prefer to change the color to a Purple (my favorite color as a University of Washington alumni). I think it could look really good and I could then pair it with a black band with purple stitching. :)

Is this a crazy idea? Is it even possible? The bigger question is who could I reach out to to have this custom work done without risk of damaging my pride & joy? I would guess that I would need a brand new dial and second hand and then have someone paint the "Seamaster" logo and the tip of the second hand. I would keep the originals to restore if needed.

SMPc Planet Ocean.jpg Thanks in advance.

rob09 likes this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 7, 2018

Anything is possible given enough money.

I’m sure there is a dual restorer out there that can do it.

3. DIV Jun 8, 2018

My 2 cents: don't do it. And although I'm not an alumni, I am a WA resident;).
    Find another watch with purple to show Husky spirit and leave your PO stock.

FloridaGary likes this.
  4. Hands90 Jun 8, 2018

1. Ask a watchmaker to remove the hand.
    2. Paint 'just the tip' purple
    3. Put watch back together.

If it were me I'd rather paint the hand instead of finding a replacement.

Meme-Dweller likes this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 8, 2018

6. USDKH123 Jun 9, 2018

See if he can do Scarlet and Gray. A set of Ohio State hands would beat up on your Husky hands any day!!

7. dinexus Jun 9, 2018

This. But before you do it, source an OEM replacement hand so that you've got a stock one, and then the customized one. Y'know, just in case.

IDXM and akshayluc420 like this.
  8. akshayluc420 Jun 10, 2018

^^This!

Though I'd recommend getting something like this as well: http://www.jeanrichard.com/collections/terrascope/aubergine-dial2

Didn't say I wasn't an enabler! :p Second-hand prices on JeanRichard's can be quite enticing for the quality, if you like the design.

9. hmss007 Jun 10, 2018

Thanks all for your thoughts. Thought it was probably not the best idea. :).

That purple Rolex? I’m speechless - I love me some purple but not that much.