Forums Latest Members

Customer Service and feedback

1. MW61 Nov 19, 2013

I have a Seamaster professional in for repair, which I am told is waiting for an hour wheel , which needs to be manufactured .... not possible to give me a date for its return. It has been with the company since early September so 10 weeks to date. I was told 3 weeks if its under warranty. The watch is under warranty still. I asked the dealer to give me the customer care number so I could ring them. He told me to go to their website. The Omega site has a contact us page with a picture of phone... but no number to call them. I collect watches and have had great service in the past from Rolex, Breitling and Cartier, but this is so bad it makes me wonder about the customer care of the company. They have told the dealer to tell me that they have no parts and need to make some. I wonder where the parts for the 1000's of identical watches they sell are coming from. It is not the service and attention I would expect from a luxury watch company. Bond would be mad!

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 19, 2013

What is the model and age of the watch? Where are you located. Which service location was the watch sent to?

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 19, 2013

Something is not right with the information given...not sure who the dealer is but my gut tells me they are giving you the run around. Are you certain they sent it to Omega?

Parts can sometimes be backordered, and if for example I need something that is not in stock at Omega in my country, and it has to come from Switzerland, it will take approx. 2 weeks to get it. But having to manufacture a part for what appears to be a modern movement - someone is telling fibs...

Cheers, Al