Forums Latest Members

Custom Strap for Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin

1. Dualmonitors Jan 1, 2018

Hi All:

I have a very small wrist for a guy: 6". So, often, if I want an interesting strap, or a strap with atypical details, or a particularly nice leather, I'd have to go the custom strap route.

I just received my Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin and I'm struggling to think of what custom strap I can get that would make this watch look great.

Sure, I can go the expected route of a black Rally-styled strap with red stitching, but, that seems to be so very expected.

I'm thinking that as i'm going to have this custom made, i can do more with this and make it a bit more customized and synergistic with this watch.

Yet, i'm stumped.

i don't want a red strap - that would be a bit much!

already thought about the black Rally strap with red stitching - yes, it would be attractive, but as mentioned earlier, very expected.

may i ask if the good folks here have any good ideas, suggestions please? i would be most grateful to see what ideas y'all have and try to come up with a really nice custom strap.

thank you in advance.

2. Dualmonitors Jan 1, 2018

Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Black CROCODILE Strap With Red Stitching.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Black Leather Strap With MINIMAL Red Stitching.jpg 779CA223-785F-4C58-9801-5B5EC423C386.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Front Black Strap.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Front BROWN Strap.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Front BROWN Strap WRIST SHOT.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Front RED Strap.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Front RED RALLY Strap.jpg A few pictures from various online sources to get ideas flowing. Thank you!

779CA223-785F-4C58-9801-5B5EC423C386.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Front Black Strap.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Front BROWN Strap.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Front BROWN Strap WRIST SHOT.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Front RED Strap.jpg Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Front RED RALLY Strap.jpg

Omega Speedmaster Tin Tin Black Strap Red Stitching.jpg
    Edited Jan 1, 2018
  3. MG-Speedy Jan 1, 2018

akshayluc420 and frazierspa like this.
  4. kwiklot Jan 1, 2018

I think black with red stitching looks pretty snazzy.

Tik-Tok of Oz likes this.
  5. CdnWatchDoc Jan 1, 2018

1+ :thumbsup:

6. kwiklot Jan 1, 2018

Pic 3 and 9 for red stitching with holes for me. Duelmonitors where did you pick up your tintin?

7. CdnWatchDoc Jan 1, 2018

The first one in the series (Black Croc with red stitching) is my fave, and the black rally with the red stitching is my second (third pic in the series).
    I had my Tintin on a black Hirsch strap as per my avatar and below:
    IMG_20160119_175126_zpsnxahbmnc.jpg

Foo2rama, frazierspa, Pun and 2 others like this.
  8. kwiklot Jan 1, 2018

Doc I like it, the tin tin is growing on me for sure I doubt I will be able to pick up a ST so I have been looking at the tin tin anything with the red stitching looks pretty good to me.

9. CdnWatchDoc Jan 1, 2018

Thanks! This particular model is the Hirsch Medici Leonardo. I love how it hugs the case! Not sure if they are still available.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 1, 2018

Red rally with white 2 stitch... yummy but not sure I’d rock it.

Simple black with white 2 stitch would be great.

C328C6CF-899C-4A3D-98B5-2905B19CCCD3.jpeg

11. Dualmonitors Jan 1, 2018

This is an idea that i have not thought of before: which is ONLY USING WHITE STITCHING on a plain black strap, not even a Rally strap.

i guess my mind went directly to highlighting the red (but of course) and just neglected the white stitching idea.

i need to digest this a bit and give it some thought. somehow, i don't see how one can avoid some type of red stitching on the strap for this watch. it just has so many red elements on the dial that red stitching is almost de rigueur.

btw, is your idea of black strap with white stitching on a plain or rally strap? i couldn't tell by what you wrote.

thanks.

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 1, 2018

either, but I've got a rally for that watch and I never use it, I prefer the plain one.

13. w154 Jan 1, 2018

I always think bright colored stitching to match a bright colored dial-detail looks too planned, and therefore not cool. If you want to include red, why don't you get a plain strap in black that's lined in red leather on the underside ?

14. kwiklot Jan 1, 2018

Would the white stitching look the same you think?

15. w154 Jan 1, 2018

I can see why people like to match the contrasting dial with a contrasting strap, but even with simpler white stitching it wouldn't be my choice. I think a pain strap suits a busy/bright dial best, otherwise it just looks to much and too contrived.

I think I'd wear it on plain brown or black, or perhaps even on a regular black or dark grey NATO.

16. Dualmonitors Jan 1, 2018

mmm...well, these are all excellent points!

yes, it's true that having white stitching doesn't necessarily look less "planned" or contrived.

on the other hand, white stitching must, by sheer frequency of use, be less contrived-looking than red stitching!

i do think, however, that red stitching, at least just a touch of it, does look good on black textured leather.

i don't think i would want a plain black strap. yes, it might look planned, contrived, to have a strap with red or white stitching, but a plain black strap just looks like one slapped it onto the watch. anytime one makes an effort, there's the potential of it looking planned or contrived, right?

we can't always use that as a criticism or excuse to do "nothing" and claim that it's cool because it is the opposite of conventional wisdom!

Edited Jan 1, 2018
    w154 likes this.
  17. bent_remy May 5, 2018

Has anyone seen the Tin Tin on the Speedy Tuesday style Nato?

18. gostang9 May 5, 2018

It’s been 4 months, with all the detailed analysis and consternation, what did you finally go with?

19. jimmyd13 May 5, 2018

Why not get a Tin Tin strap? Just find yourself the image from a comic that you like and get in touch with Steveo...

IMG_20171104_1623420.jpg

cicindela and sah like this.
  20. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Nov 16, 2018

A custom strap for the Tintin
    upload_2018-11-16_19-3-54.jpeg

CdnWatchDoc and lustrousaurus like this.