Forums Latest Members
  1. pascs Mar 5, 2013

What are your thoughts on custom Speedmasters...........or any Omega for that matter?

I've been modifying Seiko divers for some time and since they are cheap and plentiful I dont have any problem with doing it.

However for a long time now I've just loved the look of this custom speedy and I'm planning to do something similar.

[​IMG]

2. Noisy Nova Mar 5, 2013

Modified Speedys are more common than you'd think.
    Even the factory does it, then calls them 'limited editions'.

john wilson and omegaman like this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 5, 2013

There are lines that can't be crossed I think, the only parts that can be aftermarket, that is non-Omega are the strap/bracelet or the caseback (for displaybacks only). Everything else must be Omega, that said interchanging parts IMO is acceptable.

Misrepresenting on the other hand is a strict no.

4. pascs Mar 5, 2013

Genuine Omega goes without saying as far as I'm concerned.

I hopefully have just bought a white Speedmaster dial, the same as the one above from the Italian Limited Edition and I have a spare 861 movement coming my way soon.

I'm just on the look out for a Speedy case, missed out on a NOS from Mexico yesterday but I'm sure they'll be other cases along soon...........unless anyone has one going spare? ;)

5. ulackfocus Mar 5, 2013

Go for it! It's your watch and your money. Just keep the original parts.

6. pascs Mar 19, 2013

White dial arrived :thumbsup:

Now just need to get a new Speedy case ($900 from ofrei) and put everything together

[​IMG]