Forums Latest Members
  1. kox Apr 12, 2013

I got this very early small cushion cased "art deco" Omega in a mixed lot ... and I don't know squat about Omega's before the 40s.
    Believe it is the cal. 26,5 and the case seems to match exactly this one in the Omega database
    Whether the dial is the original or it has been redone is the question? The hands have seen better days. It winds and runs ok. A few poor pics below.

Anyone knows a bit more about these? Any love for them? I like the case, but it's to small for me.
    HANWE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. prostie1200 Apr 12, 2013

I have seen one like it before - cushion case but with a heavy screw back 9mil ser. no. supposed to be foruner of the seamaster and marked waterproof case number in the 700's

3. prostie1200 Apr 12, 2013

Mistake edit not 700's - case number 400's

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 12, 2013

My gut says redial, but I am no expert. Look at the colour of the hands compared to the hour markers. The dial seems too pristine for that age.

5. kox Apr 17, 2013

Thanks for the input guys. There's no doubt that the hands have been painted over somehow. And perhaps also the hour markers. But the dial itselves could be ok? Just think the font of the Omega logo and name seems like others I've seen from that periode. Tried to make a close up below.
    Anyway, was also looking for any input on the model /reference itselves, before deciding on what to do with it. Thanks again.
    [​IMG]

6. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 17, 2013

I think the dial is original. The fonts are correct. It does happen that dials persist in excellent condition through the decades.

Here is a Viceroy from 1938. The hands were repainted to match the dial, but the dial is 100% original.

[​IMG]