Forums Latest Members
  1. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jul 4, 2016

This 2914-4 auction is ending tomorrow.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272289380674Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Dial is rather peculiar in that there is a single T added to the right of SWISS MADE. As this Railmaster is from the late 50's, it's lume should be radium. The dial should not have a T. A closer look at the lume plots appears to reveal that the radium has be gouged out and removed from the recessed lume plots.

I'm guessing that this was done at an early Omega service as there weren't any suitable non radium service dials for the 1mm thick dials that antimagnetic 2914 Railmasters have. I messaged the owner, in Hong Kong btw, about the dial and he promised to test the dial with a Geiger Counter. He never got back to me.

Opinions.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Jul 4, 2016

Didn't you buy a BT300 from him?

From what I have seen over the years, his watches appear to be a mixed bag.

My bet was that radium was scraped and replaced with tritium, but who knows.

Nice looking watch.

3. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Jul 4, 2016

Yes, I have done business with this seller before. Not really relevant. I'm curious if anyone has seen an added T like this before or heard of this happening?

nsumner likes this.
  4. nsumner Jul 4, 2016

Just a pair of "T's" added on early 105.003 but never just one and never so early... I'd be curious to hear an answer as well.

gemini4 likes this.
  5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 4, 2016

Problem with the watch is the tropical movement.

watchknut, nsumner, Dash1 and 2 others like this.
  6. micampe Jul 5, 2016

Fair price for a decent case, dial, bracelet in the current market, even with those issues? My bet was not much lower.

jens0125 likes this.