Forums Latest Members

Cuervo y Sobrinos, authentic or no?

1. jtulsky Jul 10, 2018

These two are currently for sale. What do y'all make of their authenticity?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sat968 Jul 13, 2018

Cuervo y Sobrinos watches are faked very often. These slip through since there is limited documentation on which watches were made with the Cuervo y Sobrinos store name. (Cuervo y Sobrinos started as a watch store in Havana, Cuba, IIRC. More recently the brand name was picked up and original watches made and sold.)

Having said that, these look way too good for most of the Cuervo y Sobrinos watches I have seen for sale. These dials also happen to be some of the most faked of this brand.) If it were me, I'd run away. But then again, this is from someone who got too close to a Cuervo y Sobrinos vintage watch. :(

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 13, 2018

Here is a history of the brand (in Spanish, but you can use Google Translator in Chrome):

https://www.relojes-especiales.com/foros/esenciales/cuervo-y-sobrinos-cuba-historia-97340/

It is nearly impossible to determine if a watch was originally sold by them, as most of the time, the company redialled the watch when new to put their name on it. You will see examples of this on the linked page.

Exceptions would be some early Longines and Roskopf watches with specially made enamel dials also shown on the website.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

Tritium likes this.
  4. divetime Jul 14, 2018

dials and hands are a catastrophee - run away