Forums Latest Members

Crystal replacement - UG Polerouter Super

1. Jsub Jun 18, 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a replacement crystal for my Polerouter Super 238872 calibre 1-69.
    Aftermarket is fine, but I would prefer it with the trapezoidal magnifier on the inside if possible.

Not really sure where to start, as I'm finding it difficult to obtain any part number of specifications.

J IMG_0256.jpg

2. Vitezi Jun 18, 2019

What's wrong with the one you have? If it's not broken, you can usually polish out fine scratches or sand out deep scratches. Several threads on this forum about how to do that yourself (or have a watchmaker do it for you)

3. Mazoue Jun 18, 2019

The trapezoidal magnifier on a Polerouter Super crystal is definitely on the outside of the crystal i.e. you can feel the bump in the profile of the crystal.

It is the Polerouter Sub crystal that has the magnifier on the inside.

4. rustynuts Jun 18, 2019

The reference of your Polerouter is probably 869112-22 (thanks @CafeRacer for the reference tables) - they all seem to have 238872 on the inside of the caseback. If you're really intent on changing your original crystal a watchmaker should be able to help with sizing it and tracking one down though you're better off keeping what you've got as original crystals are rare and, frankly, suit the watch better than anything else is likely to.
    If anybody has a spare let me know as I need one!

[​IMG]

CafeRacer likes this.
  5. Jsub Jun 19, 2019

Thanks for the responses, the crystal on mine is cracked so needs to be replaced, I doubt it was OEM to begin with, the magnifier was on the inside with no bump feel when running your finger over it. Is it safe to assume the super and sub crystals are the same other than this difference with the magnifier? My watchmaker is able to supply a crystal without the magnifier for now, So I guess I'm on the lookout for an OEM or aftermarket if one exists.