Forums Latest Members
  1. Rizo Jul 22, 2017

Hi guys, I'm looking to replace my crystal on my Speedy, and was after some info on buying one.........
    I'm going to have it serviced soon at Max's in Sydney, which I've been recommended through the forums members, but was unsure if I should source one prior to getting it serviced or just wait until I take it there.....
    Any comments will be appreciated......................

IMG_1222.PNG
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 22, 2017

Your watchmaker should have an Omega Parts Account. That's the easiest way to get the correct item.
    If you're referring to Max Schweizer I think they are Omega approved.

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. Rizo Jul 22, 2017

Yeh I am, thanks, I might just ask them........... cheers

4. sjg22 Jul 22, 2017

I just had my 145.022-69 ST serviced and the crystal had scratches on it. Not quite as many as yours, but they were noticeable.

Because it was the original crystal, I asked for them to be buffed out rather than have a new crystal installed (the omega logo on the new crystals differs from the original) - worked out beautifully.

You may be able to preserve the original (if it is the original) by having it buffed rather than replaced...

5. Rizo Jul 23, 2017

I had a local jeweler look at it and so have I, and I can't see the Omega symbol in the middle of crystal.... So I'm not sure that it is original. Do you have any photo's of the buffed crystal............???