Forums Latest Members
  1. stuartbaker104 Jun 24, 2015

Hoping someone can tell me how to find the best match crystal for a circa 1956 Dennison cased Seamaster. I can't find any way to do this from the Dennison case reference (3509), and it doesn't have an Omega number marked in it.

Cousins sell generic "omega" crystals and I bought a 29.6 with a white armoured ring. This was slightly too tight to fit, but worked ok with the original ring. However it seems very high and is a bit distorted at the edges, so I want to do better.

The case is visually very similar to an Omega 2814 series which I have seen with the same cal 420 movement, so I suspect that the PZ5292 crystal which is specified for this case might be the right one - but can anyone tell me the size of these before I splash out? Or is there an old catalogue somewhere which will tell me which part I need? As an aside it isn't clear to me if these old Dennison cased omegas would have had an omega signed crystal or not.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks

Stuart

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 24, 2015

Can't tell you what goes with that case, but I can say that the 063PZ5292 is GLASS PLEXI ST RING D26.62 H3.5

Cheers, Al

3. stuartbaker104 Jun 25, 2015

Thanks Al - sounds like that will be way too small. Will keep searching for that elusive conversion chart.

4. bob3131 Apr 30, 2017

Hi, I also have a Dennison-cased watch, 33mm, 1954/55, 9ct, cal 420, serial # 14243518. I love the thing, but I've managed to scratch the crystal. Phone photo showing the scratch. I don't have any experience finding parts. Any advice on whether "original" or "authentic" crystals can be found, where to find them, or what NOS or after-market crystals would keep the watch as true to its original state as I can make it? I suppose I could buy another watch of that vintage for parts, but I'm not sure I would know how to tell whether a crystal is original on another watch. How/where is a crystal signed? Were crystals on Dennison-cased Omegas signed? In short, what would the experts here do? Thanks!

Inside.png scratched.jpg