Forums Latest Members
  1. sulaco Sep 19, 2014

I tried it once here but didn´t get a reply

Does anybody have an idea what this Number on my 165.024 from 67 was intended for or does anybody else has a cryptical number on his caseback.

[​IMG]

I tried to search the net but didn´t suceed in find any infos

2. alvaropinto Sep 19, 2014

I think this is a post production number and has nothing to do with Omega but more knowledgeable people can give a more accurate response.

3. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2014

That's so the aliens can keep track of their cattle.

Moeris, gatorcpa, Tritium and 3 others like this.
  4. pitpro Likes the game. Sep 19, 2014

driving me nuts too
    i think i saw that watch a month ago

5. DrStrong Sep 19, 2014

The Omega prototypes delivered to Comex have numbers engraved on the back.

Here's a famous Ploprof that belongs to my friend Marcello Pisani

comex6.jpg

Here a Seamaster 1000

comex.jpg

what does Omega say about the delivery of your watch ?

6. pitpro Likes the game. Sep 19, 2014

great question
    that might provide a clue.
    you gotta think that the number was inventory
    control, But for whom? or What?

7. sulaco Sep 19, 2014

Thats a dead end.
    The extract said it was delivered to Switzerland and produced in 67 so nothing special.
    However i did buy it from the States.
    i find it interesting thou that all these numbers start with one digit and then a minus
    its hard to see but mine starts with 4-

8. silviogo Sep 19, 2014

L.O.S.T.?

9. sulaco Sep 19, 2014

Maybe i should just do the most obvious and ask the Omega Museum? :rolleyes:

10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Sep 19, 2014

might not help....... a few years ago I bought a 60`s speedmaster in new Zealand. price good. but very run down. movement bad. too expensive to restore. had a very strange set of numbers inside the caseback. numbers and spacers. could not find a thing. at this stage my ebay selling auction had only 2 days to go. did ask my contact in the museum in biel. did not an answer within the usual 24 hours. then somebody from the USA emailed me about a possible connection with the NASA test program. did not make sense to me rgd. New Zealand origin. and 11 hours before the end of the ebay auction ( when you can not end the auction early....), new bidders emerged and the price doubled. and only a few hours before the end, the omega museum indicated, that they would trump ANY bid and pay on top to get the speedy for the museum. then I knew, I made a mistake and why I did not receive an answer from the museum this time. but that is life. in the end omega was the high bidder anyway and we agreed, that in the future help could come my way, when asked for...... so, a good outcome for all sides. but in hindsight I`d have kept it under all circumstances. so, you never know, what piece of Omega history you hold in your hand....... and, no, I did not have the pictures saved, because that year there was a complete computer crash and ALL data was lost. next time.... kind regards. achim

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2014

What were the numbers and spacers like? Any pics?