Forums Latest Members
  1. gm43@sky .com Oct 3, 2015

Hi
    Glad to have found this forum
    I have recently acquired a very nice clean 1960 Omega with a 267 movement
    All is fine except the crown unscrews during the back winding and setting of the hands.
    Can anyone help with suggestions on why this is happening, and what needs to be done to correct this.
    On one occasion, and before I realised the crown was actually unscrewing, the crown unscrewed off completely....is this something I need to live with on a 55 year old Omega......great shame if this be the case as I really like the watch.
    Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions

2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Oct 3, 2015

crown needs to be tightened to the stem. Not a complicated fix, but you need the correct tools. Take it to a watchmaker.

gm43@sky .com likes this.
  3. redpcar Oct 3, 2015

.............or you could just only turn the crown to the right ;)
    Easiest possible fix for a watchmaker. Nothing to fret about.

4. ulackfocus Oct 3, 2015

Better to have an Auntie Wind than an Uncle Wind. Those uncle characters don't have a great reputation here.

gm43@sky .com and Rman like this.
  5. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Oct 3, 2015

Worst case scenario is you just need a new crown/stem. Not a big issue. :thumbsup:

6. gm43@sky .com Oct 4, 2015

Thanks for the advice guys.....being a complete newby to vintage watches I feared the worse
    The guy I bought the watch from serviced it as part of the purchase price very recently......may be I shouldn't let him tighten/ resolve the issue having missed it the first time round, or am I being in fair to the guy ?
    At the end of the day I'm very pleased with the watch (as in avatar) and pleased to hear it's a minor and easily fixed problem.....thanks guys image.jpeg

7. ricardopalamino Oct 4, 2015

On my Seikos I use a small drop of loctite [thread locker] and let it dry before I try to turn the crown . You can always remove the crown and stem , place the stem in a pin vise , and remove the crown if you wish .

8. gm43@sky .com Oct 7, 2015

Well....crown now tightened firmly and thread locked, watchmaker recommended crown be replaced due to serration wear making wind up difficult, so all looking good.....thanks again guys