Crown turns slowly on its own as the auto rotor winds the movement - Speedmaster 3511.50

Hi!
Quick question for those in the know, is it normal for the crown to rotate slowly in the clockwise (winding) direction when a 7750 (or the omega modified equiv.) movement winds automatically via the rotor? I have a Speedmaster 3511.50 with signed octagonal crown which makes it particularly easy to notice this (but why I haven't noticed it until now is beyond me). It's keeping great time and the auto/manual winding both seem to work fine too, so perhaps it just normal being that everything is all geared together?

Thanks!

Hi, I don't know in Omega, but I have a Citizen bullhead automatic chronograph that behave like you described. It is easy to discover if the crown has an asymmetric logo or inscription on its face. Hope this helps.

Never looked at it before but my Speedy Reduced 3510.50 does it too. One of those things I've never though about before, but now I know I won't be able to stop looking for it. Cal. 11 chrono-matic Hamilton report coming later this week (the only other automatic I have).

Damn you @Droid12 :whipped:

😉

Hmmm...seems someone asked this same question back in 2017, as that's when I made this video...

Well there you go! Thanks Al! I did a bunch of searches but couldn't find something specific to the crown turning by itself. Glad to know its normal!

I can report that a Buren Micro-rotor crown does not turn. No movement from this position in four hours of wearing.