Forums Latest Members
  1. riceman May 18, 2019

Please forgive the beat up case - the watch was basically a daily wearer for years by my late father after he received it for playing in the 1963 Cotton Bowl with LSU. In fact, I had posted a while back (my first after being a routine “lurker”) looking for suggestions about how to possibly address the worn areas on the gold-fill case but, unfortunately, it appeared as though my options were pretty limited. I haven’t given up on refinishing or replacing the case as of yet but decided not to let that keep me from wearing it a bit more. Right now I’m just looking for an opinion or two on the fit of this crown. Years ago, a local watchmaker serviced it for my dad and replaced the original crown with a generic and somewhat ill-fitting one. I have tried to track down an original, buying a new one from ofrei that was listed as correct for the case (C6296) and another couple older models off of the “bay” that I believed might be closer to the original.

This is one of those older references but does EF3A08C0-B64F-40BC-A463-A9CA67FEED4F.jpeg 6DC62D96-EF01-44E7-A54E-E75CD1090606.jpeg this look like the correct diameter? The newer one from ofrei was definitely smaller so this one seems more appropriate but shouldn’t it fill the gap in the recess a touch more? I would greatly appreciate your thoughts/opinions about same. Thanks!