Forums Latest Members
  1. song1818 Oct 25, 2016

So, I've been kicking the tires on a basic time-only automatic with date containing the 2552PC movement. That gives us a production date of 1969-72, according to my research. Star logo on the dial, however the crown looks like this:

Crown.jpg

I know the logo is a Zenith one, but is it correct for this time period and watch, especially given the fact that it does not appear on the dial as it does on other Zeniths? And, taking this further, is there some kind of rule of thumb when it comes to correct Zenith crown logos for certain time periods? Thanks all...

--Matthew

2. BobXX Oct 25, 2016

My guess would be that your watch was produced when Zenith was in the process of transitioning to the new logo, so right around '69-'70.

Zenith wasn't afraid to mix and match their four- and five-pointed star logos on earlier watches, so I'd expect that they did the same thing with these later examples.

I believe they used this logo all the way up until the modern era (circa 2000).

3. dx009 Oct 25, 2016

Zenith introduced this logo in 1972 if memory serves me right. I've seen earlier watches with the "new" logo and I just assumed that they were serviced at some point and had their crown replaced with a genuine one but not with the star logo (the watches I'm talking about had the star logo on the dial...).

4. m neuman What, me worry? Nov 3, 2016

How does it look on the watch, even wear colour, not new and shiny? Does it looks like is physically belongs to the watch?