Forums Latest Members
  1. omni43 Nov 13, 2016

the crown has fallen off my watch. It is a 1958 Seamaster.

I took it to a local repair person, who I believe is very knowledgeable. And he told me that I need the stem and crown.

For Omega parts the total would be 150.00. With nonOmega parts total cost is 60.00.

I like the watch, keeps good time. And I only paid around 200.00 for it.

Do these prices sound right? What are some of your opinions about not using Omega parts?

Thanks.

2. tyrantlizardrex Nov 13, 2016

Your money, your watch, your choice, but I don't think anyone here would advise you to use non original parts.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 13, 2016

I think the best way for us to advise you is to see a photo of the watch.

If it's bordering on collectable then I'd use OEM parts, if it's a bit beaten/worn/used then Bestfit or similar.

Price sounds a bit high to me though, in the US you can get the stem for approx $20 and the crown may be $60 but we need to know your case number to get some accurate pricing.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 14, 2016

A new stem is $7, and new non-screw down crowns are typically $24 - these are prices from Omega. Someone is marking the prices up by a very large margin...

5. omni43 Nov 14, 2016

Wow, that is a huge markup. This is the first time I have had together any work done on my watch. I think I'll look elsewhere.