Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Croton/ Orfina ‘Porsche Design’ Chronograph in PVD, 7750, spare NOS case *REDUCED*

1. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 16, 2016

Evening all

Another one for the cull, I bought this because I wanted a mil style chronograph but have accepted that I cannot move away from Omega. This is a really nice and original Croton PVD valjoux 7750 military chronograph, the watches were produced under licence of Orfina and are identical to the Porsche Design chronographs.

IMG_0818.JPG

The Watch is original condition and the dial and hands have simply the most wonderful honey ageing/ patina to the tritium luminous material on the dials and hands. The dial is the nicest I have seen on any of these chronographs.

IMG_0817.JPG

The case measures 40mm, the PVD is in worn original condition, a few very light marks and some natural wear on the crown and pushers and case but as you can see from the images nothing that detracts and frankly just adds to the originality of the piece.

IMG_0819.JPG

The Orfina versions of these watches are fetching well north of £1000 and in most case around the £1200 - £1500 mark. I have only seen one other Croton version for sale in the last year.

IMG_0815.JPG

What’s more I will add in a completely NOS PVD 7750 case, the design is slight different to this one, just in case the new owner fancies a change, cant say fairer than that.

IMG_0823.JPG

The watch is fully checked over and regulated, it is working exactly as it should, as are all of the functions (Chromo function wasn't working right when I got the watch and have spent quite a chunk of change getting it overhauled and having a couple of the chrono parts replaced)

IMG_0822.JPG

I am looking for a very reasonable but firm £550 for the watch shipped, which I feel represents great value for money (especially as the NOS case is £200 alone and its been fully checked and overhauled).

Payment via BT or PP (gift/ you cover fees)

Edited Apr 17, 2016
    Gaz6263 likes this.
  2. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 18, 2016

Now withdrawn

Edited Apr 18, 2016