Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Croton Chronomaster Aviator/sea-diver (AUST.)

1. blubarb Sep 9, 2016

Croton (circa 1963)
    Chronomaster Aviator/sea diver
    movement: Valjoux 92

Up for sale is my circa '63 Croton Chronomaster Aviator Sea Diver powered by the amazing Valjoux 92.

This is perhaps the nicest example of a Croton Chronometer Aviator that I am sure you will see for a very long time. They don't often come up in this condition.

Original matte dial in excellent condition

38mm stainless steel case in unpolished condition

Valjoux 92 keeping excellent time and all functions operate as should be expected, you will be amazed at how smooth the pushers and column wheel come together to run the chrono. The stop start function is incredibly smooth. I have a few Chronos but none perform like this.

SS case (38mm) with all original chamfers present with vintage wear appropriate for its age. It has a beautiful clean and spotless black dial with very attractive and uniformed creamy tritium and matching hands.

Dial/Hands: Original dial and handset in excellent condition as shown. The tritium in the hour plots and hands have faded to a desirable and uniformed creamy patina.

The minutes subdial features the highlighted red countdown area for regatta timing.

Original screw back caseback marked with the number 105-88xxx.

Movement: Original Valjoux 92 manual wind chronograph movement in superb condition. Movement is extremely clean and all functions work as they should including the chronograph start, stop, and reset which feel smooth and incredibly responsive as does the crown on wind. The watch keeps great time although the service history is unknown. Please note: the watch has not been tested for water resistance

Located in AUSTRALIA

ASKING USD1600 including fees and shipping as insured, signed and tracked international express post. As they say, if you don't like my price please feel free to make an offer but don't ask me my best price because (and in the words of Fleetwood Mac) "I may not give the answer that you want me to" :whistling: :D

Payment via PayPal as "Pay for Goods and Services" for buyer/seller protection.

Info on Croton Chronomasters can be found here: http://www.invenitetfecit.com/modeles/chronographe-nivada-chronomaster_en.html

IMG_3710.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg
    IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg
    Edited Sep 9, 2016
    JimInOz, Dre, LawBrk and 5 others like this.
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 9, 2016

Damn .... What a beauty! Wish I'd not bought so many watches of late or I'd be a buyer.

blubarb likes this.
  3. Fost Sep 9, 2016

Outstanding watch , perfect price , this will not last ...
    GLWS

blubarb likes this.
  4. yinzerniner Sep 9, 2016

Fantastic piece. If only I weren't weaning down the collection. GLWTS!

blubarb likes this.
  5. blubarb Sep 10, 2016

Subject sale