Forums Latest Members

Crosshair Omega’s: how do I tell if the crosshair is added later ?

1. Holma20 Feb 20, 2020

Hi ,
    I posted a question in one of the sales where there was a omega Geneve with crosshair FS ,(not the best idea) and I’m sorry for that.. didn’t mean to mark your ad @Franz

I’ve always wondered how you can tell the difference between a redialed crosshair and a genuine one ,
    I’ve once been told that the line should be centered between the omega logo but I have no clue ...
    Anyone that can provide some info regarding my question I would be really great full:)
    Thx of !

Here is the private sale I posted in :
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-genève-14724-1-crosshair-dial-cal-610.109629/#post-1443994

2. TropicConnie Feb 20, 2020

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. gbesq Feb 20, 2020

The MOY test is not always reliable. Generally, a dial that has a later added crosshair is also going to have the typical signs of a redial. Look at the font, the indices, the minute track, spacing, etc. Does anything look “off”? The centering of the crosshair lines may be slightly askew (do they pass through the center of the Omega symbol and end in the center of the 12, 3, 6 and 9 indices?), or are the crosshair lines darker, lighter, thicker or a different color than the rest of the print used for the minute track, etc.? If there is a small seconds subdial, does the vertical crosshair line bisect the subdial straight down the middle? It should. Here’s a photo of my Omega Geneve which has an original crosshair dial. This is how things should look.

E336B721-E26F-40FA-8C73-0865190C8220.jpeg

4. TropicConnie Feb 22, 2020