Forums Latest Members
  1. JulianK Apr 25, 2018

Hey guys, I was wondering if it was just my eyes but the lettering looks crooked on this one. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy or anything. Even if it is crooked, would it be fixable? Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 25, 2018

Pictures were taken at an angle and the crystal has a slight curvature.

Could be an optical illusion.

Only way to tell for sure would be to see it in person.
    gatorcpa

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. JulianK Apr 25, 2018

I didn’t even take that into account, would you say the case is in good condition otherwise? Seeing it in person is not an option for me but I think I am willing to take the risk. Theoretically a watchmaker could try to realign the letters right?

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 25, 2018

All depends on the price. I can overlook a lot more flaws at $250 than at $500 for a watch like this.

If it's more than $500, you're paying too much. Watchmakers' labor is expensive. Either you like the dial as it is (original), or walk away.
    gatorcpa

chipsotoole and Dan S like this.
  5. Dan S Apr 26, 2018

It looks legit to me. But as @gatorcpa pointed out, the overall condition is not great. I believe that the case originally had a vertically brushed finish, which is barely recognizable. I also suspect the bracelet is badly stretched out. So I don't think you should buy this one with the idea that you are going to invest a lot in restoration. However, if the price is good and it's appealing to you, then buy it and enjoy wearing it as it is.