Forums Latest Members
  1. vbrad26 Mar 4, 2019

What, no talk of the (so far) successful Crew Dragon launch and docking over the weekend?!

Now lets see what Boeing's got...

Uniqez likes this.
  2. BradleyJ. Mar 5, 2019

Since we had a few snow storms over the last week I've basically lived at work and couldnt find the time to keep up with the crew dragon. Hopefully I can follow the undock and return. It would be cool if the news followed stuff like this instead of government scandals, murders, rape. More people would be up to date on what's going on in the space world.

vbrad26 likes this.
  3. Uniqez Mar 5, 2019

No matter what they do at Boeing, they are one step behind already. Just watching docking procedure was fascinating (if you put all the speeds and positioning into that mix, it gets even better ). Now, all the hopes that it will do good during re-entry.

vbrad26 likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 5, 2019

Blue origin and Space X are already beyond what Boeing has. AFAIK Boeing has not pushed the clipper past what it was when it was canceled awhile back.

Granted Blue Origin does not have a space craft yet, but they have a reusable first stage already.

5. vbrad26 Mar 5, 2019

So Boeing has their "Starliner" (launched w/ Atlas V) which is not supposed to have a crewed test till 2020 probably.
    (Actually just looked this up and there is a scheduled test for April and a scheduled crewed test in August of this year!
    So they are actually a lot further than I thought.)
    And what about Lockheed/NASA Orion? Isn't that supposed to launch with SLS which is also another Boeing project?
    But that one is not scheduled to have a crewed test till 2022!

SpaceX is definitely in the lead, by light years (lol), but it seems as if Boeing is not too far behind...

Edited Mar 5, 2019
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 5, 2019

I must have confused it with Lockheed’s previous attempts that as they are local to me played into local politics.